A bit of help with the Senneheiser CX series. Recommendations?
Jan 1, 2014 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shch13

100+ Head-Fier
My CX150's feels like they are dying (have to move the cable around for it to get sound through) so I started looking around for the Senneheiser CX series, since they sound quite good (after switching the tips).

I noticed there are alot of reviews for the CX300 but not as much for its revision the CX300II Precision.
I'm trying to decide between the CX300II Precision and the CX270/280 (in brackets because the two are the same except for having a volume slider).
Just by looking at the numbers probably the 300-II is probably better?
Or will the 270/280 beat it?
They're both probably in the low-mid range of IEMs,
The CX300II are pretty popular I can see alot of people having them.

I've seen the 280/270s a few times, it looks like the housings for those are bigger and are vented at the big. Perhaps different drivers and a bigger sound space (because it's vented?)

Any recommendations between these 2 or impressions about these 2 are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!!!

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #2 of 8
My CX150's feels like they are dying (have to move the cable around for it to get sound through) so I started looking around for the Senneheiser CX series, since they sound quite good (after switching the tips).

I noticed there are alot of reviews for the CX300 but not as much for its revision the CX300II Precision.
I'm trying to decide between the CX300II Precision and the CX270/280 (in brackets because the two are the same except for having a volume slider).
Just by looking at the numbers probably the 300-II is probably better?
Or will the 270/280 beat it?
They're both probably in the low-mid range of IEMs,
The CX300II are pretty popular I can see alot of people having them.

I've seen the 280/270s a few times, it looks like the housings for those are bigger and are vented at the big. Perhaps different drivers and a bigger sound space (because it's vented?)

Any recommendations between these 2 or impressions about these 2 are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!!!

I have these which I picked up on amazon for $24 a little while ago. They are "ok" in my opinion.

Sennheiser CX 300B MK II Precision Enhanced Bass Earbuds (Black) by Sennheiser http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_HvbXsb014TKGW

Last week I bought these and I feel like they sound quite a bit better and are more comfortable. I got them for $29

Klipsch Image S4 -II Black In-Ear Headphones by Klipsch http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008X9Q0JK/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_SxbXsb0Z89SGD

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #3 of 8
I've tried Klipsch ProMedia which uses the same driver as the S4.
They're Ok, but the vocals feel veiled and very tight sounding soundspace (i.e. positioning and layering of the vocals./instruments dont' seem that great). But they are heaps comfortable.
I don't think the S4 will be that much better (please prove me wrong if it is so).

Keep the suggestions comin!!!!

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Forgot to mention the Klipsch seem to be prone to sibilance and hissing, treble vocal goes kinda odd sometimes too.

That's also another area I'd like to see improved, less hissing/sibilance and great vocals.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #5 of 8
Forgot to mention the Klipsch seem to be prone to sibilance and hissing, treble vocal goes kinda odd sometimes too.

That's also another area I'd like to see improved, less hissing/sibilance and great vocals.

I did notice hissing in the background, although I have only used them with my phone so I'm not sure if they do it with every source.

Sent from my little Moto G

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #6 of 8
I'd throw in another interesting IEM. Yamaha EPH30.
How are Yamaha IEM's? Would these beat the Sennheisers?
Perhaps the higher ended EPH50 would beat both of them?

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 8
the original CX300 and CX300 II are no different in sound except the mark II fixes the cable issue.
If you can find them cheap that's fine but I tend to stay away form those just cos the bass is so emphasised.

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #8 of 8
Hmmmm ok, I guess I won't need to look at the 300s then.
How's the 270/280 or even the Yamaha IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back