A bit of clarification
Apr 15, 2003 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nights_85

500+ Head-Fier
ok, I'm going to come up with a stupid question.
Since I live on the backside of this planet (Australia) virtually nothing gets here unless it's been released for 2years in the northern hemisphere..

So my question is. Which of the following is best for comfort, sound, and which is easily driven ith an MD portable without an amp.

Also, I sometimes do fall asleep with my earphones on, so I'm wondering how badly kebabed I would get if I accidentally rolled over onto a pair of er4's.

So here is the list
Shure:
e2c
e1c

Etymotic
ER-6
ER-4P

Also any other in ear phones u could think of (besides the sonys and the plug)

yes i know there is a search function and I have been searching but I hear all sorts of different comments about these earphones from two different side. that's why I'm asking for something thats more definate. since i cant test any of these myself

Apr 15, 2003 at 3:52 AM Post #2 of 4
The e1's probably won't bother you so long as you insert them into your ears properly. However, the sound is another issue. I haven't been able to yet try the Etymotic 'phones, but from what I have tested, it seems like the Shure's have an in-your-face, impact-full presentation similar to the Grado 225's, but seem to lack the clarity even of the SR60's.

The Etymotic ER-6's seem to get favorable reviews around here, and the ER-4's, from what other people think of them, seem to hold their own to other 'phones at, and well above their price range.

I would test out both if you get the chance to.

Apr 15, 2003 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 4
yeah headphonic I've seen their website... 600AU is very pricey for something that only costs around 484AU shipped from the US... too expensive.. if u want 4P's go to earplugstore.com they sell for 264.95US plus 24 shipping..

that's another thing, if anything does actually come down here.. it costs 100x more that what it's worth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back