A big thumbs up to Phonak!
Apr 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #76 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOES, mine also came apart.

DSC02411.jpg

have send them back today

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #77 of 91
So there's a fellow Dutchie with the same problem.
Mine got chipped in exactly the same place in exactly the same way.

Were are you sending them? I'm waiting for Bill to send me my replacement pair.

Cheers,

Frank
Edit:
After checking this thread I found out everyone has exactly the same crack.
\Edit

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #79 of 91
Hören mit Fiebing doesn't make any replacement. Bill is working for Phonak and he is reading and writing on these posts in head-fi forum. I am sure he can try to help you as he did for me. Just pm to him about your problem.
His nickname is 'wbrownie' on this forum.

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #80 of 91
They don't ?
I know Wbrownie is a Phonak representative, and he wrote that we just have to send it back
Quote:

Originally Posted by wbrownie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback and especially the picture. We are taking a look at this.

As noted in the first post, we will replace any defective units no questions asked. Just make sure you contact your original place of purchase. They should replace them under warranty.

If you have any questions or get any push back, please drop me a PM and we'll take care of it.

Bill

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #81 of 91
This message is to give a big thumbs up to Bill (wbrownie) for resolving my problem with my PFE exchange.

Up until last week I had been bouncing emails back and forth with the seller who sold me my PFE. After 4 weeks and getting nowhere I decided to contact Bill with my problem. Bill responded to my PM within minutes and after reading about my frustrating story he quickly returned a PM to tell me that he'd be sending out a new pair the next day.

Today I have a new pair which I haven't unboxed yet.

Thank you Bill for your quick response.
beerchug.gif

Now for some ugly pictures of my defective PFE. The first 2 pics show similar cracks on both housings. The last 2 pics show the crack on the Left housing that seems to be more common.

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #82 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't ?
I know Wbrownie is a Phonak representative, and he wrote that we just have to send it back

You can try Fiedbing offcourse. May they had been warned by Phonak. But I couldn't get positive feedback from them before. So, Bill helped to me after all.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #83 of 91
My email to Phonak got passed to Phonak UK and the very helpful Martin Smith (Product Manager) emailed me asking me to send them for his attention. Sent them yesterday and missing them already!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #84 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can try Fiedbing offcourse. May they had been warned by Phonak. But I couldn't get positive feedback from them before. So, Bill helped to me after all.

Have already sent them back unfortunately.
they told me that they are not known with the problem but I could return it if I wanted to.
hope they will replace it or otherwise I'll contact wbrownie
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #85 of 91
Ugh. I have an update for you guys.

My replacement Phonaks have cracked today. Big long crack on the right side housing. Starts where the wire enters the housng and extends upwards towards the base of the stem.

Apr 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #86 of 91
Hopefully, they will soon get the last of the defective batches cleaned out. The good news is that they offer such a great warranty!

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #87 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh. I have an update for you guys.

My replacement Phonaks have cracked today. Big long crack on the right side housing. Starts where the wire enters the housng and extends upwards towards the base of the stem.

that's horrible. i'm still waiting for my replacement pair and i'm hoping this doesn't happen to me. surely the retailers are aware of this problem by now; they should be issuing replacements from newer batches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back