A big thumbs up to Phonak!
Mar 15, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #46 of 91
I just hope they're able to do something about the durability. It'd be a shame for such a brilliant sounding device to have that type of flaw. I really miss my pfe's
frown.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #47 of 91
Mine still look like new, thank God.

Does anyone know how long the warranty lasts?

And if mine do crack but it takes many months, and maybe even happens after they've resolved the issue, do you think they'd still accept it as a defect (maybe they could look at when I ordered them?)

I still can't believe how perfect these sound. I also got them to fit better than ever somehow yesterday and for the first time I could hear their great soundstage! It's not out of your head, but I actually like it. It feels like the instruments are reverberating off the inside of my head, which has been magically transformed into an intimate, personal, miniature concert hall. I think I actually like this kind of soundstage! It's superb! I think what I did to make them fit better was sort of turning them into my ear canals instead of pushing.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #49 of 91
Phonak = budget Shure with better highs.

I guess you could say that's Phonak in a nutshell.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #50 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent an e-mail to seller who I bought my phone. Waiting for reply.
popcorn.gif

Well it didn't work for me. The German site which I bought my phone told me 'we can repair for some cost'
bigsmile_face.gif
My Phonak's warranty is a mirrage right now.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #51 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it didn't work for me. The German site which I bought my phone told me 'we can repair for some cost'
bigsmile_face.gif
My Phonak's warranty is a mirrage right now.

This was on the 2nd page:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbrownie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback and especially the picture. We are taking a look at this.

As noted in the first post, we will replace any defective units no questions asked. Just make sure you contact your original place of purchase. They should replace them under warranty.

If you have any questions or get any push back, please drop me a PM and we'll take care of it.

Bill

Bill is the one that received my email when I messaged Phonak about the problem.
You could try sending him a PM of the response that you received and see if he can give you some help.

Mar 16, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #52 of 91
I sent a message to Bill. I hope he can find a solution for me. Actualy I can use this phone with bad cosmetic condition but it's looking breaking my heart. Because I realy love it.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #53 of 91
Sure hope Bill replies here about the left side issues (is it just the black ones & what batch ?--manufacture date, etc--and have they found the issue & corrected it). My son now has a Sansa 8GB clip--and wants some better ear buds.......I'm holding off until we get some answers..........I'll buy white ones but why offer black ones (which I prefer) if there are defects with the casing & audio issues with the left one............
Now a member asked about Warranty.......its 2 years (if bought from authorized seller/dealer)...here's the link:

Audeo PFE

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #54 of 91
It's more a cosmetic problem than an audio one. The sound was not degraded with the chip.

A company does not offer products when they know it is defective (least they shouldn't). I'm assuming this is just something wrong with the batch like some have said, and not something they intended to have happen.

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #55 of 91
My Phonak was bought on Jan 19th... so far 0 problems. No cracks or channel issues. I have a black iPhone version. So probably from a completely different batch than the regular black ones.

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #56 of 91
I just ordered the black set last week, & they're supposed to arrive today. I hope the issue has been corrected. While I hesitated to order them, reading about the quality of the customer service made me decide to pull the trigger.

I'm crossing my fingers......

Mar 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #57 of 91
Bill replyed my message. Wery helpfull person. He will inform my situation to Phonak headquarter. Excellent customer care. I can say it even with or withouth success.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #58 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe there should be a separate thread so that Phonak owners can report any issues in one place. It would also help to list what the problems are. Mine was the sound veering off to one side, and although I have replacements coming, I have no way of knowing if they're from the same batch. Does anyone else think there's been a high enough number of problems to warrant a separate thread? I think I've counted at least ten people (maybe more), who have had channels drop out, cracks appearing (in the black pair), and a couple of DOA's. Also, if Phonak keep an eye on the threads, it would be easier to keep these issues separate to the appreciation threads.

EDIT: A decidated thread just for problems would also help any potential buyers to see at a glance what kind of issues have cropped up.

I started a "defect issue" in Team Phonak but not many people responded. A thread in this forum would probably work better.

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #60 of 91
Got mine early February and having read this thread last night I inspected mine to find the same issue on the LEFT earpiece. I've sent an email off to Phonak, I have good confidence in them from what I read on here.

Pics of mine:
2h6x078.jpg

2mzbr05.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back