A Big Thank You to all Head-Fiers
Apr 10, 2009 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rjoseph

100+ Head-Fier
Little did I know that the day I walked into Bestbuy and decided I wanted to get a very good headphone (for a decent prize) is the day that would start a remarkable and enjoyable journey into the wonderful world of sounds. At that time, Bose was the best that I had heard, till I heard Beats by Monster (and its whopping price!). I decided to search online for a better price and Google landed at the doorstep of head-fi.

And I see some new brands, AKG, Beyer something, audio technica, ultrasone etc. And my whiskers went up saying 'What are you madcaps taking about?'. Since then I have been searching the ins and outs of this forum, picking up bits and pieces of information to make my buying decision a less remorseless one. After much deliberation (and no audition) I decided on the ATH-m50. And Wow! As soon as it arrived I did what I did not know existed before, 'burn in'. Its played about 20-25 hrs so far and for my untrained ear it sounds heavenly! I do not know the nuances of music like some of the folks in this forum but am thankful for the advices and reviews that you provide here. and how you patiently reply to every 'Do I go for A or B headphone' posts.

Thanks to a few who seem to be good advocates of the m50, like the 'pianist', 'gav17' and a couple of members who had good feedback for these cans. And thanks to others as well who gave the pros and cons of the other headphones they owned or heard. I love my ATH-m50. Songs like 'Drop it like its hot' and 'Disturbia' sound excellent. Club mixes sound amazing. Love my Pink Floyds too.

I found in one of the sticky posts that a m50 does not require an amp and in some other posts that it sounds better with an amp. I am contemplating the Fiio E5 and may buy it soon. Even if it does not make a difference in the sound quality I would not be sad since its cheap.
beyersmile.png

Thank you all. And lastly " Oh, what have you started!"

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
glad you like M50. I like mine too although now I prefer others over it.
biggrin.gif

Thanks WittyzTH. I recollect a few of your posts recommending the m50 over the DT770. I use the 2nd gen itouch with the m50. Would you recommend using the fiio E5 to amp it?

Thanks.

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 8
Congratulations, you've just stepped onto the slipperiest of slopes. Don't look down though, what lies below you is a pit filled with madness and NOS tubes.

Apr 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #6 of 8
Congratulations with the ATH-M50.
...and welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back