a better etymotic cable?
Dec 11, 2002 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 27
I emailed Mr. Fixup about getting the plugs...no go. It's the same situation as with the Senn. 600....you will have to salvage the plugs from the ety's, to make diy cables, ATM.

Dec 11, 2002 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 27
what plugs?
confused.gif

Dec 12, 2002 at 3:06 PM Post #19 of 27
I have used cat5 cable for a couple of projects. It is very stiff. I have heard you can get stranded cat5 but I have never seen any. The stuff I have is a better quality than Radio Shack sells and works very well for interconnects but it is solid core cables, (little cables).

Dec 13, 2002 at 12:52 AM Post #20 of 27
The fixup cable just works, I use my 4s' strickly for commuting which includes a certain amount of walking with the cable sticking out of a bag. Up and down stairs in and out of the wind and rain. It's strange; you forget about the cable being a factor at all. (As well as the environment!) The sound improvement is subtle but there. The high frequencies are less edgy, more detailed. the mid range airier with an increase in bass volume.

Dec 20, 2002 at 3:11 PM Post #24 of 27
Thanks I know the site but I am definitely NOT handy. I have other flaws too, this one most!
Would you sale your replacement cable and make your brand new one?
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2002 at 6:05 PM Post #26 of 27
FixUp is a strange guy. Someone else should definitely step up to fill this void.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back