A Baffling Conundrum
Oct 6, 2016 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

caltx01

New Head-Fier
I have a set of .WAV music files that I can play through any computer software player that I have access to.  However when I copy these files to my Cowon Plenue 1 I can see the files through the file manager on my computer as long as the Plenue is connected.  When I disconnect the Plenue from my computer it will not recognize the WAV files in its database and therefore I cannot play (or see) them on the Plenue 1.

This has got to have something to do with protected files, DRM or the like but I cannot figure it out.  I have converted hundreds of other protected files so that they can be played on my DAP, but I cannot make these files work.

Any ideas?  What am I overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best Regards,
Cal in TX

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 3
As you can't see them, the problem might be the tags.
Tagging support in WAV is a disaster.
A simple test is to transfer a couple of WAVs to another computer.
Open a media player and check if you see the standard tags like Artist, Album, etc.
If not, this might be the reason your DAP don't "see" them.

Oct 7, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 3
  As you can't see them, the problem might be the tags.
Tagging support in WAV is a disaster.
A simple test is to transfer a couple of WAVs to another computer.
Open a media player and check if you see the standard tags like Artist, Album, etc.
If not, this might be the reason your DAP don't "see" them.

This was exactly the problem!  I went in to Windows File Explorer and added the tags that I wanted and all the files now appear as they should. Roseval, thanks very much for your advice and guidance.  It is really great for a relative newbie like me to have the wealth of knowledge and experience that this forum offers.  It saves us a tremendous amount of time and money.

This is a great community and a wonderful hobby.  Now, back to my DAP for some more great music!

Best Regards,
Cal in TX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back