A $2000 DAC
Apr 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

sxr71

1000+ Head-Fier
I have been browsing these forums looking for a good DAC at that price point and there have been some I'm looking into but I was wondering what is the "killer DAC" at that price point. Multiple inputs and remote switching would be nice.

I plan on using a MAC mini for iTunes via USB or Airport Express via optical (don't think optical is the best from what I am reading). Also one Squeezebox via co-axial. Also the SCD-1 via co-axial for redbook playback only.

Apr 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 42
Lavry DA11 is a fantastic option that does allow for a remote. 4 inputs: coax, optical, aes, and usb

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That actually looks pretty tight... how do people speculate it compares to the Audio GD ref 7 with 3 PSU instead of 1?

I don't think that's a tough question to answer. I'm a firm believer in DAC design (internal); do some reading online and see which DACs sound the best and why they sound that way. It's not some voodoo for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by noinimod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that's a tough question to answer. I'm a firm believer in DAC design (internal); do some reading online and see which DACs sound the best and why they sound that way. It's not some voodoo for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Okay throw me a bone. Maybe a link to something or some readings.

Apr 15, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add the Bryston BDA-1 to your list

The BDA-1 seems darn near perfect. More than enough inputs, remote, 20 year warranty, good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back