A $2,650. HDMI cable, seriously?
Feb 27, 2014 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Mediahound

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought I had seen everything until I saw this:

http://amzn.to/1hERPjP

Pretty much lost all respect for Audioquest now. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 13
And all the reviews

The expensive Denon network cable has some interesting reviews, too: http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Cable-Version/dp/B000I1X6PM/

Although the funniest I've seen on Amazon are for the banana slicer.

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 13
Q: Is there a metric version? My mom lives in Europe and I don't want to send her one that won't work in her country.
A:
because the 571 banana slicer was made in the u.s.a. a metric version is not in production. however with slight modification, metric bananas can be...

Golden. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 13
O_o.....

This is just ridiculous. Especially the first comment on Amazon:

"I was going to buy a $2.82 hdmi cable on amazon and then I came across this masterpiece, and I knew I had to do whatever it takes to get it. The best part is I dont even own a tv, I plugged this thing into 2 pieces of cardboard and some chewing gum, and bam I had 500 channels. I dont know how that happened, but one of the armored car drivers did resemble Macgyver. Hurry out and get one before they get bought up!!".

So, he was looking for a 3 dollar cable and immediately fell in love with a 3000 cable and had to save up and get advances on his salaries. Wow, talk about marketing. Facepalm all the way to China and back.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 13
You mean it isn't 500 times better than the $5 generic Amazon one? I want my money back!!

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 13
  O_o.....

This is just ridiculous. Especially the first comment on Amazon:

"I was going to buy a $2.82 hdmi cable on amazon and then I came across this masterpiece, and I knew I had to do whatever it takes to get it. The best part is I dont even own a tv, I plugged this thing into 2 pieces of cardboard and some chewing gum, and bam I had 500 channels. I dont know how that happened, but one of the armored car drivers did resemble Macgyver. Hurry out and get one before they get bought up!!".

So, he was looking for a 3 dollar cable and immediately fell in love with a 3000 cable and had to save up and get advances on his salaries. Wow, talk about marketing. Facepalm all the way to China and back.

Sarcasm kinda got lost on you there I think.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #11 of 13
You mean it isn't 500 times better than the $5 generic Amazon one? I want my money back!!

That's what you get for being idiotic enough to buy it! Put it up for sale in the Head-Fi classifieds, and you can probably get a lot of your money back. Be sure to let them know yours is a the limited release that has the Vibranium alloy connectors to prevent resonance from traveling down the cable between devices. :D

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #12 of 13
That's what you get for being idiotic enough to buy it! Put it up for sale in the Head-Fi classifieds, and you can probably get a lot of your money back. Be sure to let them know yours is a the limited release that has the Vibranium alloy connectors to prevent resonance from traveling down the cable between devices. :D

Comes pre-smeared with PWB cream electret. (Eww!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back