AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jul 30, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #1,786 of 3,898
Will be quite interesting to hear in which direction AüR will tune the Ascension. Will it be something new or will they refine one of their 'house tunings' to date?

I’m very interested in the ascension. I’m curious how it’ll fair against the Theiaudio Monarch Mk3, as I’ll be buying one of them.

From looking at the fb group this morning, it looks like a batch of newly completed orders have been lost in the mail.

its unfortunate for people who were expecting their iem’s in the next week or two. Nothing Aür could do though, just really bad luck.

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #1,787 of 3,898
Since I, IMHO, feel the Neon Pro with the Solar cable is the best I've ever heard, I'm dying to hear what Abel can do with an EST tribrid design. Maybe like a DTE500 turned up to 11!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #1,788 of 3,898
Since I, IMHO, feel the Neon Pro with the Solar cable is the best I've ever heard, I'm dying to hear what Abel can do with an EST tribrid design. Maybe like a DTE500 turned up to 11!
That's funny, I'm using the exact same combo right now! And wow, this cable does a transformational job with NP. I even added the Corier Brass tips, but that killed the bass.

Going to try the Penon OSG next, but this is seriously hard to beat!

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #1,789 of 3,898
That's funny, I'm using the exact same combo right now! And wow, this cable does a transformational job with NP. I even added the Corier Brass tips, but that killed the bass.

It truly does. I'm using the AUR stock tips and the combo blows my mind. I have a feeling the new AUR cable is very similar to the ISN Solar.

Aug 2, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #1,790 of 3,898

It truly does. I'm using the AUR stock tips and the combo blows my mind. I have a feeling the new AUR cable is very similar to the ISN Solar.

Funny how the Solar has haunted me since I entered the Penon/ISN IEMs, and continues now here also
:beyersmile:

I bet it's awesome, it still is outside my comfort zone in cost for a cable.

Tried many cables on Neon Pro, it is also the most sensitive IEM I have tried to pick up changes.

As most who know me, I am in the Neon Pro with Switch ON camp. Love my low end, even if it thickens up the midrange slightly.
But lately I have used it with the switch off, with Canal Works Gel and my gladiator Cables Astra Rame.

Astra Rame cable is super resolving, having as much or more detail as my more expensive cables with silver components.
What I perhaps like the most is the added fullness to the low end, first copper cable I have heard a larger difference versus my Penon/ISN and XINHS coppers.
Its thicker wire and also very good soldering material, the plug I chose were a pure copper 4.4mm. Something it does, and makes me believe in cables more.
The tips also have superb isolation, I believe they add both bass and mids, while slightly tame intense treble.

https://gladiatorcables.com/caesar-line/p/astra-rame
https://tinyurl.com/2v6ahkzm

I love the combination and pushes me closer to the switch off gang, not always. I love my bass after all so switch on probably will come back on.

1690975776596.png

1690975823992.png

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #1,791 of 3,898
Does anybody have the graph of the Neon Pro frequency response versus output impedance of connected amplifier ?

I know when plugged into the volume adjustable line out of my ifi Gryphon, which is 50 ohm output impedance if I recall correctly, they sound appalling, a bloated boomy mess with the mid range sucked out, so they are clearly variable depending on the impedance unlike a planar.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #1,792 of 3,898
Aug 2, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #1,793 of 3,898
Does anybody have the graph of the Neon Pro frequency response versus output impedance of connected amplifier ?

I know when plugged into the volume adjustable line out of my ifi Gryphon, which is 50 ohm output impedance if I recall correctly, they sound appalling, a bloated boomy mess with the mid range sucked out, so they are clearly variable depending on the impedance unlike a planar.
Neon Pro is a full BA IEM with 5 ohm impedance. It is the opposite of a planar.

It needs a source with low impedance to work well. 50 ohm output impedance is too high… Line out is not made to connect headphones or IEMs.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #1,794 of 3,898
Aug 2, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #1,795 of 3,898
I didn't get along with the Meteor as well so I don't think its your friends set. Your description was what I experienced as well. Super veiled and the bass was soft and pillowy for me.
Good to get some more validation on it, found it weird a few YouTube reviews have been praising it.

Next all BA I'm interested in is EPZ 530 or Penon Turbo, waiting to see more impressions first.

I am also going to loan Alita later this year, perhaps I rather want that after my loan 😁

Aug 2, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #1,796 of 3,898
Neon Pro is a full BA IEM with 5 ohm impedance. It is the opposite of a planar.

It needs a source with low impedance to work well. 50 ohm output impedance is too high… Line out is not made to connect headphones or IEMs.

I should have been more clear, I do understand the above, I was using the line out as a crude assessment of the impact of a change in impedance, and yes there is a distinct change so I was curious if the impedance has been graphed as it it clearly in not flat like a planar.

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #1,797 of 3,898

I should have been more clear, I do understand the above, I was using the line out as a crude assessment of the impact of a change in impedance, and yes there is a distinct change so I was curious if the impedance has been graphed as it it clearly in not flat like a planar.
At the point that you are testing it at, everything under 400Ohms will sound like crap whether it is variable or not. There is a pretty good reason for the 1/8 rule of thumb. So, all graphs measured with a source that is within this 1/8 limit will look the same(ish) (it might look a bit different, but only because of the differing power structures of the source amplifier).

Having said that, you are right that the NP are indeed variable in impedance (rising as the FR rises), because of the very nature of their design (in fact all BAs are variable), made using inductive parts. Which, as you cited is the exact opposite of an ortho dynamic driver, having no inductive parts. But, at this level of output impedance, anything with lower impedance will not sound good. Having such a low impedance, the NP really needs to have an output impedance of less than one for proper sound reproduction. Any higher than that, and you start to skew the FR curve. This actually would also hold true for any sort of transducer.

Also, because you used the LO into your IEMs, it will exacerbate the poor sound reproduction because as @firesign pointed out, it isn't meant for headphones/IEMs. Assuming it is a true LO, this means that there is NO voltage swing, and we all know that you need that as you turn up the volume to properly dampen or excite the drivers. If you want to properly test using a high output impedance, I would order some (varying) filters that will add more output impedance to the mix, and use the PO where the amplifier can properly do its job. :)

Aug 3, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #1,798 of 3,898
Good to get some more validation on it, found it weird a few YouTube reviews have been praising it.

Next all BA I'm interested in is EPZ 530 or Penon Turbo, waiting to see more impressions first.

I am also going to loan Alita later this year, perhaps I rather want that after my loan 😁
Listening to Custom Art Fibae 7U right now and it is an excellent all BA set as well...deep bass and fun tuning. I think turbo sounds pretty interesting right now.

Aug 3, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #1,799 of 3,898
Listening to Custom Art Fibae 7U right now and it is an excellent all BA set as well...deep bass and fun tuning. I think turbo sounds pretty interesting right now.
Yeah I bet it is, Fibae 7 also look stunning Love the design.

Turbo is up on my Phone browser and on PC, teasing me to buy 🤣 Would probably be straight up my alley.
The EPZ 530 also, sounds like a natural sounding BA set. And also SA6 MK2 is interresting, while it would maybe be redundant when owning NP.

We are spoiled by so much good choices this days.

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #1,800 of 3,898
We are spoiled by so much good choices this days.
This is so very true. The problem for me is that while I love new stuff, I have found absolutely nothing wrong with some of the older equipment; like the following:

IT-07 = 6 BA + 1 DD
T800 = 8 BA
20230218_150352.jpg

20230218_150438.jpg

Though, as mentioned earlier, I will have the NP at some point. :)

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the NP are a crossover less design, or does it have crossovers inside? We talked about the existance of a bass port on the T800, and not on the NP, but I wasn't sure if it was also a crossover less design (again) like the T800 is?! Not a big deal either way, I was just curious. Used to be that it was more desirable to have no crossovers inside as it made for more clarity/less distortion without, but with how fast technology has progressed, I don't think it matters much anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back