_gl: Easy UES / Ownluxe A1 EQ Correction Impulses
Jun 22, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #46 of 57
  Well I shipped back my "new style" Ultimate Ears cable the other day, the sent me the "old style" in exchange. These have longer pins so they actually secure to the shell but a little too much, they don't sit flush. Oh well, either way the sound is still off. It is the indeed the UEs themselves. The treble actually sounds better through the cables, almost on point to the Clear impulse. The bass from the cable though creates this weird echo, rattle in the bass. Shipping back tomorrow for a refund I guess. 

That sucks.  What was the problem with your drivers?

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #48 of 57
Returning the Ultimate Ears cable. The UEs with stock cable and gl mod makes them sound best

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #49 of 57
Returning the Ultimate Ears cable. The UEs with stock cable and gl mod makes them sound best

I still like mine for the comfort, noise isolation and killer bass but I have to use the EQ on my XDuoo X2 otherwise they're way too dark.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #50 of 57
It's been too hot here lately and with no AC I've put aside my Senns in favor of the UEs through my computer audio system (Wyrd>Modi 2>Polaris). Don't want to have sweaty Senn earpads!  The _gl curve really does make a difference!

As for the annoyingly stiff cable, I have Trinity's Master 4 on order (which comes with 3 sets of 2-pin OCC cables as well as 2 sets of 5 tuning filters - long and short for insertion comfort - and damped and undamped for tuning flexibility) so perhaps one of those spare cables will fit the UEs.

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #51 of 57
It's been too hot here lately and with no AC I've put aside my Senns in favor of the UEs through my computer audio system (Wyrd>Modi 2>Polaris). Don't want to have sweaty Senn earpads!  The _gl curve really does make a difference!

As for the annoyingly stiff cable, I have Trinity's Master 4 on order (which comes with 3 sets of 2-pin OCC cables as well as 2 sets of 5 tuning filters - long and short for insertion comfort - and damped and undamped for tuning flexibility) so perhaps one of those spare cables will fit the UEs.

Good luck with them. The Ultimate Ears just made them sound even more weird lol

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #52 of 57
 The Ultimate Ears just made them sound even more weird lol

Perhaps you need to edit your signature where you show the UEs rather highly rated.

Me?  They're in no way neutral or even natural but I must admit they can be fun.  That said among my 4 on hand IEMs (the listed Master 4 is a pre-order), they rank last behind my Techne, IE500, and VSD3S.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #53 of 57
Perhaps you need to edit your signature where you show the UEs rather highly rated.

Me?  They're in no way neutral or even natural but I must admit they can be fun.  That said among my 4 on hand IEMs (the listed Master 4 is a pre-order), they rank last behind my Techne, IE500, and VSD3S.

On mobile so I can't see my sig but I think it's just random or in order that I got them. First to last. Need to edit regardless though

Sep 12, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #54 of 57
Hey everyone. S'been a while, and I haven't really lived in IEM land until recently when I started gigging again, and needed some decent in-ears for the stage. Got some good advice in another thread and ended up with the Mee Audio M6 Pro (2nd gen), which do what I need (balanced & clear without EQ) in a cheap way. Not super-refined, but pretty balanced and good deep realistic bass (not hyped). Of course that won't stop me doing another correction when I get time :).

So a quick question - I've just read that the upper-mid resonances that I saw & corrected with the UES can be ear-canal dependent, ie. the frequency of the spike changes depending on the canal shape/depth. So if you tried my UES corrections with the resonance-defeating spike, did they sound OK to you in the upper mids, or did you notice a hole? And do you think your resonance, if you have one, is the same as mine?

Not easy to answer probably, but I might need to approach resonances differently for another public release.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #55 of 57
Unfortunately my shells cracked at the 2 pin over a year ago so I can't revist them

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #56 of 57
Unfortunately my shells cracked at the 2 pin over a year ago so I can't revist them

Oh crap. Oh well at least they weren't that great (or expensive) :).

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #57 of 57
Exactly, I've been through a ton of better IEMs since then. I still have the cable for some stupid reason though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back