9th Calgary Headfi Meet! Sept 8 2013
Sep 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #91 of 125
  Should I bother bringing it?

Thank you,

Peter

I'm curious as well if anyone is interested in "lower end" gear, source etc.  Wondering if it makes sense to bring my stuff:

Just a note to anyone that's unsure of whether they should bring their 'lower end' gear or not - YES!!!

While there is some extremely expensive and high-end gear at these meets, there's no elitism or snobbery.  The reality is, as much as most of us would like to, not everyone is in a place to buy $500+ headphones.  So this is a great chance to find both your cost-no-object dream setup as well as your obtainable-right-now setup.

Additionally, even if you own a $1000+ pair of cans, it's still nice to have say an M50 to take out on the streets and not worry too much about.  No one says you can only have 1 pair (and my wallet cringed as I typed that).  I love it when you stumble across something that performs well above its price point.

Hope I can make it!

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #93 of 125
Additionally, even if you own a $1000+ pair of cans, it's still nice to have say an M50 to take out on the streets and not worry too much about.  No one says you can only have 1 pair (and my wallet cringed as I typed that).  I love it when you stumble across something that performs well above its price point.

100% agree! That's why I have a fun, bass-emphasized set of low priced JVC cans to take on the road, when I'm not using my IEMs. At home I may love and use my HD800s, but I'm still reluctant to take them on the road with me. Looking into a nice Pelican carrying case that might change things, but for now I'll continue enjoying my so-called 'low-end' gear as well!

Dale

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #94 of 125
Guys,
Tomorrow is the BIG day!!!

don't forget to come to the meeting.

If you have friends who interest in Headphones, bring him/her in too!

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #96 of 125
Does anyone have a way to use a line in into a USB or Optical in, or an adapter I could borrow for the meet? I'm not bringing my computer form home and have no way to hook up my rig to an X3. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #98 of 125
I look forward to hearing the rigs you all have assembled. This will be a great meet. See you all on Sunday. Do stay until 5. This does no occur often.

Cheers

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #100 of 125
My phone number is 403 9699823

If you have problem getting there. Let me know.

Also I will bring a extra pc to there that you can plug your jab fax in.
( it is a win8 tablet).

Just bring your music

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #104 of 125
Dang. Family commitment. I'll try to arrive, albeit late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back