9gag!!!
Mar 26, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #16 of 26

Quote:
I use Reddit and Imgur and 9gag pops up a lot. So I guess I know some of the stuff :) 

Question..you may be a bit bias as you are from there..but how much popular stuff do you guys take from 4chan?

The concepts and original art are taken from 4chan, the actual comics are made by 9gaggers.  

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #18 of 26

Quote:
The concepts and original art are taken from 4chan, the actual comics are made by 9gaggers.  

That idea of 9gag leeching off 4chan is basically why 9gag gets "bashed".
Think of it as 4chan being the original "brand", and 9gag making fakes of it.

inb4 flame thread..

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #20 of 26
Well I used to 9gag a lot, before I found out about Head-Fi 
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #22 of 26
Oh wow, a 9gag thread that evolved into /b/ saying 9gag steals from /b/. What a fresh and original concept.

I go to 9gag, but I'm considering stopping and start using something like Funnyjunk. The thing is I couldn't be more sick of the "90's kids" crap, the "Twilight/Justin Bieber/Nicki Minaj/modern music sucks" crap, the "If you had this you're awesome" crap, the "TEH REECH DUNT PAY TAXES" crap. It's all just re-hashing of older concepts that, in the best scenario were funny the first time (and usually not even that). And no, not all Memesites are like that.

Before that I went to Memebase. I went there yesterday. It's like a shopping mall set for demolition. Reminded me of Google+.

4chan is just kind of silly. Angry people thinking that lots of swearing makes their point valid, and seeing gore makes you a big man. Then there's Anon posting links about how the republicans are idiots, how democrats are idiots, how everyone who doesn't agree with your political point of view is an idiot, and thinking that #Occupyeverything will somehow fix the world. It's like a kindergarten on steroids, really.

The only site I really like is xkcd, but I only have the pleasure of a new post 3 times a week.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 26

Quote:
Oh wow, a 9gag thread that evolved into /b/ saying 9gag steals from /b/. What a fresh and original concept.

I go to 9gag, but I'm considering stopping and start using something like Funnyjunk. The thing is I couldn't be more sick of the "90's kids" crap, the "Twilight/Justin Bieber/Nicki Minaj/modern music sucks" crap, the "If you had this you're awesome" crap, the "TEH REECH DUNT PAY TAXES" crap. It's all just re-hashing of older concepts that, in the best scenario were funny the first time (and usually not even that). And no, not all Memesites are like that.

Before that I went to Memebase. I went there yesterday. It's like a shopping mall set for demolition. Reminded me of Google+.

4chan is just kind of silly. Angry people thinking that lots of swearing makes their point valid, and seeing gore makes you a big man. Then there's Anon posting links about how the republicans are idiots, how democrats are idiots, how everyone who doesn't agree with your political point of view is an idiot, and thinking that #Occupyeverything will somehow fix the world. It's like a kindergarten on steroids, really.

The only site I really like is xkcd, but I only have the pleasure of a new post 3 times a week.

I find the joy of 4chan to be the mixture of jerks, kids and underachieving brainiacs. Oh yes, and a bizarre .gif now and then.

While I'm certainly able to have a good laugh at a 9gag comic, I just get annoyed with all the bad grammar, poor spelling and overall lack of a new concept.

While 4chan is nowhere near perfect, it certainly provides a great laugh more often than 9gag. But that's a matter of opinion/preference I suppose.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:

You're kinda right actually. I remember months ago, what a beautiful place 9gag was, full of funny photos etc., now its more hating and personal motivating posters imo.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #25 of 26
Staal don't get me wrong, I get way more laughs out of 4chan. It's just pretty immature and contentless.

Quote:
You're kinda right actually. I remember months ago, what a beautiful place 9gag was, full of funny photos etc., now its more hating and personal motivating posters imo.

Don't forget the "Sorry for bad english", "Sorry for long post", "Don't let this get lost in vote page!".

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #26 of 26

I must day Funnyjunk isn't perfect, but I dare say they are better than 9gag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back