99 Songs for $0.99
Jun 20, 2009 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

brianstreet54

New Head-Fier
amazon.com is offering another 99-song selection, this time called "99 Essential Chants".
smile_phones.gif

Amazon.com: 99 Essential Chants: MP3 Downloads: 99 Essential Chants

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 19
I bought it this morning. I have started listening to it. It is actually really great. Some tracks are repetitive but the diversity is really surprising. Really great choral tracks from Africa and Latin America. Stuff I have never heard before.

It is a musical journey through various forms of chants performed throughout the world. For one dollar, it is definitely worth it because you will find many tracks you will enjoy.

I m definitely chilling today listening to this. Good lazy weekend.

I recommend it. And the sound quality is solid.

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcinla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought it this morning. I have started listening to it. It is actually really great. Some tracks are repetitive but the diversity is really surprising. Really great choral tracks from Africa and Latin America. Stuff I have never heard before.

It is a musical journey through various forms of chants performed throughout the world. For one dollar, it is definitely worth it because you will find many tracks you will enjoy.

I m definitely chilling today listening to this. Good lazy weekend.

I recommend it. And the sound quality is solid.

Is it lossless?
Edit- oops mp3 i saw the solid sound quality and thought it may be worth it.

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 19
Not interested, out of 300 ghz or more of music my only mp3 was a free concert that i wanted to hear, i just listen to that on computer speakers(Audioengine A5s)otherwise i can't really tolerate it.

Jun 20, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 19
Not interested unless you get a vinyl copy in the mail. And the master tapes. And someone to tickle my balls while I listen to the album.

Come on, you're going to stick your nose up to a 99 cent album of unique recordings of cultural works passed down through a tradition of talent and passion? Really now.

Jun 21, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not interested unless you get a vinyl copy in the mail. And the master tapes. And someone to tickle my balls while I listen to the album.

That made my night.
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Come on, you're going to stick your nose up to a 99 cent album of unique recordings of cultural works passed down through a tradition of talent and passion? Really now.

+1

Jun 21, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

That last line made me laugh so hard! Oh, and I agree with your sentiments.
icon10.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #13 of 19
Quite nice collection.
But I refuse to pay for lossy music..

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #14 of 19
I must admit, the album savings of $97.02 (compared to buying all tracks) is quite impressive. I'm going to pass, though, because I probably won't have time to listen to all of this...

This also reminded me that Amazon has a bunch of free music. Thanks for this post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back