96 hours...
Feb 4, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #18 of 79
I'm clean....
wink.gif

Congratulation! You made it.... Keep it going..... clean...
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #19 of 79
Not a single puff since New Year's Eve. I've quit several times before ... once for nearly a year, but eventually allowed myself that "just one for old time's sake" which always led back to a pack a day. Not this time however. For some reason it's been easier this time.

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #22 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a single puff since New Year's Eve. I've quit several times before ... once for nearly a year, but eventually allowed myself that "just one for old time's sake" which always led back to a pack a day. Not this time however. For some reason it's been easier this time.

I had stopped multiple times, usually for a minimum of several weeks or months. I always went back for the same reason: "just one because..." I quit finally on Oct 18, 2000. I quit for my birthday (well, I went sky diving on my birthday and quit a few days later). It was just time, and I knew it. It was surprisingly easy in that there were no internal debates, no trying, no fighting myself. I didn't want to be a smoker. Now, I just have to quit the gum (Orbit Bubble Mint).
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #25 of 79
I once talked to a guy who wanted to quit smoking and caffeine all at once. What he did was take a week off work and slept for like 3 days straight to get past the first few days, which are supposed to be the worst. He said it was the easiest way to quit.

May 5, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #28 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kinda quit 2 weeks ago. I think I will be able to do it. Dunno yet.
biggrin.gif

How are you doing?

May 5, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #30 of 79
One year on May the 12th. Only feel like one if I have several drinks. That feeling lasts for about 4 nanoseconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back