$90 in-ear phones.
Dec 19, 2014 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hifi nub

100+ Head-Fier
For 90 bucks from amazon, what would be the best in ear head phones. Like stated I cannot go over 90. My limit is $100 including shipping.

The devices I will be using these on are as goes FiiO X3 > FiiO E11K.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #4 of 7
Disclaimer: My suggestions below are not necessarily based on my listening experience. I only intend to narrow down your search. Please look up as many reviews as possible to understand if they may appeal to your tastes. The keywords I mention could be a good filter for you  

Okay. EDM, rap and rock. A V or U shaped signature would suit these genres the best. What you should be looking for is well extended but impactful bass attack and good treble energy/bite. Some rap sub-genres may require lower mids to not be overly recessed. Look up the following :

1) Yamaha EPH-100: Very highly recommended for EDM. Will play well with rock and rap too. Maybe difficult to get under 100$ but this should be very high on your list. Beware:there are fake EPH100s out there.

2) RHA MA750: Full bodied. Ample bass presence. Could be found for under 100$

3) Vsonic GR07 BE: Slightly bassier version of Vsonics legendary GR07. More linear when compared to the above two sets but can provide just enough bass and more than enough treble attack to suit your genres. 

4) JVC HA-FXT90: Good bass presence, crisp treble. Can be found for under 100$

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #5 of 7
  Disclaimer: My suggestions below are not necessarily based on my listening experience. I only intend to narrow down your search. Please look up as many reviews as possible to understand if they may appeal to your tastes. The keywords I mention could be a good filter for you  

Okay. EDM, rap and rock. A V or U shaped signature would suit these genres the best. What you should be looking for is well extended but impactful bass attack and good treble energy/bite. Some rap sub-genres may require lower mids to not be overly recessed. Look up the following :

1) Yamaha EPH-100: Very highly recommended for EDM. Will play well with rock and rap too. Maybe difficult to get under 100$ but this should be very high on your list. Beware:there are fake EPH100s out there.

2) RHA MA750: Full bodied. Ample bass presence. Could be found for under 100$

3) Vsonic GR07 BE: Slightly bassier version of Vsonics legendary GR07. More linear when compared to the above two sets but can provide just enough bass and more than enough treble attack to suit your genres. 

4) JVC HA-FXT90: Good bass presence, crisp treble. Can be found for under 100$

Thank you! I found the yamaha's for [scratch]82 and free shipping. Gonna purchase now.[/scratch]
Looks sketchy by the reviews, the guy sells fake headphones.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Does the SL matter at all?

Yamaha EPH-100SL

Edit:
I went ahead and jumped on them for $129, I didn't want to, I'll get chewed out :p. With tax it come out to $139.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #7 of 7
I would have went with the SE215 Shure has never let me down, I have 3 Shure IEMs, They are pure best musicness.
Shure se215 has punchy and juicy bass, while having listable clear treble. 
If you get a chance, I think the best choice is to JUST listen to headphones if you get a chance.
Everyone has different preferences. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back