$9 Line Outs Delivered
Feb 4, 2008 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Puppysmith

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a couple and they work very well. One is in the car and one is attached to my amp. Sorry, some of us don't have hundreds to spend on a cable.

Search fleabay for "APPLE IPOD LINE OUT DOCK WITH 3.5MM STEREO MINI JACK"

35-ipod_wht_1.jpg

Feb 4, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, some of us don't have hundreds to spend on a cable.

there's no need to apologize for that! Everyone here has some sort of budget they are working with... some are just larger than other
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 11
That's a very good find, thanks for the heads up! I might purchase one, if not just because I don't have any LOD as of yet. Too bad I don't have my iPod ATM because it's on a warranty repair/exchange/whatever. As for the price thing, I'd be surprised if it noticeably degraded the audio quality at all. How long is the cable? That will be a major determining factor.

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 11
for some reason, I have always had problems with the jacks on these type of cables. (the ones that spool up). It usually fits really poorly, and wont fit in the jack well.

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #5 of 11
Anyone know the raw cost for an iPod dock connector? I've never looked into it. If it costs more than this cable then it might be worth buying one of these just to cannibalise the connector!

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #7 of 11
Thanks. great find. I could use one of those.

Feb 6, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #9 of 11
Great find

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do any iPod models come bundled with a line-out dock? I'm totally DAP-ignorant, but have a friend who might be interested in one of these...

iPods do not come with a line out and Apple does not sell them at the Apple stores.

Here and fleabay are two places you can get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back