8GB Clip
Dec 29, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #31 of 32
hmmm, i loved my 4gb clip but it broke just recently,

should i replace it with an 8gb clip, or a 4gb cowon d2 where i could always expand the memory with sd card.

I really wanted a touch screen player, sd card slot is a big plus.

Dec 29, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #32 of 32
Thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents worth.

I have had my 8Gb Clip for about 3 weeks. Bought it off Ebay from a guy in Israel - had no problems with the transaction.

I am very happy with the player. It is easy to use. I have never read any instructions, everything is very intuitive if you have owned DAPs before.

I really only use MP3 players at the gym and on the occasional plane flight, so for me small form factor and the built in clip makes it ideal.

Previously I was using a 2Gb Creative Zen Stone, which I was also happy with. Basically upgraded to the Sansa in order to get 8Gb (so that I wouldn't have to swap music around so often).

I did a comparison of sound quality between the Creative and the Clip. I think that the Clip has SLIGHTLY better SQ, mainly noticable in the bass (perhaps a bit less roll-off) but honestly the difference is very small. Both players are grossly inferior to my computer's sound card (Auzentech Prelude). If I was to rate the prelude as 8 out of ten, the creative would be about 5 and the clip maybe 5.2.

Definitely recommend the clip for people who want a small, music-only player with a decent capacity for a cheapish price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back