$89 Shure e4c on ebay - another scam or set of fakes
Jan 15, 2008 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

wackos

100+ Head-Fier
Way back I remember reading about a bunch of fake e4c's going on ebay for around $39.

The other day, I found this listing for $89 +12 shipping. A stellar deal for new e4c's, but it definitely raises some flags. The seller has decent feedback over 5 years, but I suppose it could be a stolen account. Anyone already jumped on these or have other opinions?

Jan 15, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 16
I decided to take a chance, and apparently it is being shipped from China, even though the eBay page says the guy is in Ohio. Not a good sign
mad.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootinger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to take a chance, and apparently it is being shipped from China, even though the eBay page says the guy is in Ohio. Not a good sign
mad.gif

Do keep us posted!

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #6 of 16
or better still, im not totally sure you can because ive never actually tried but if theres a way of cancelling the order then do that and save yourself the cash.

again i dont know if thats possible (most likely not) and ive only made a whole 2 purchases off ebay myself

Feb 5, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #8 of 16
Feb 5, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 16
both the ebay one and craigslist ones are fakes;
U can take em apart and see that they will have dynamic drivers
they supposedly sound okay for fakes; loud bass, no e4 clarity or detail
they also use the same kind of tube as canalphones, where they have a big dome/port for the sound to travel through

Google "fake e4c" and ull see some pics

Oh they also have a full gloss body while real ones have a half matte and half gloss

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 16
It amazes me how many things have fake copies. Seems to me if you can put that much energy into a fake, why not make a new original? "Things that make you Hmmm...."

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #12 of 16
This is really getting out of hand. I bought my 701s and 880s on eBay and had no problem, but it's only a matter of time before they start going after the big three (Senn, Beyer and AKG).

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootinger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mad.gif

Yes, they are definitely fake. The canal tube is too big to support the yellow foamies that are included! Just got mine in the mail from Shanghai. Go to paypal.com and open a claim that states the product differs from auction description. I just did that and was assured I would at most, have to pay shipping back to China. I sent payment just prior to Ebay suspending the seller's account.

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they are definitely fake. The canal tube is too big to support the yellow foamies that are included! Just got mine in the mail from Shanghai. Go to paypal.com and open a claim that states the product differs from auction description. I just did that and was assured I would at most, have to pay shipping back to China. I sent payment just prior to Ebay suspending the seller's account.

I hope you gave that seller a bad comment. It's never funny when you get conned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back