800 USD-range In-Ear Monitors
Jan 26, 2017 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ranfan

Headphoneus Supremus
Please pardon me if I post this thread on the wrong sub-forum. Since this is my first. I'd like to open a discussion for which IEMs would you recommend for the price range of 800 USD or below (above 600)? New or second.

I've been wanting and saving to buy a pair of ORIOLUS, which a friend of mine is selling for 820 USD. But I'm also open to opinions and recommendation if anyone here has, as to which pair could be more worth-buying.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #4 of 9
Campfire audio sells b-stock andros for 850. If you've got a decent source, it is a good pair to consider.

Wow, thanks for your recommendation. They look really nice. Although I haven't tried them before, so no idea how will they sound.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 9
Wow, thanks for your recommendation. They look really nice. Although I haven't tried them before, so no idea how will they sound.

Lots of reviews and comparisons of them, I haven't heard them either but went for it. A lot of people get the impression that it's tuned in a way that a lot of people will like it. I'm personally very looking forward to it. I love my mids, but I also love a sparkly treble without sibilance. Not a fan of attenuated mid-bass, so all reviews ticked the box for me.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 9
Lots of reviews and comparisons of them, I haven't heard them either but went for it. A lot of people get the impression that it's tuned in a way that a lot of people will like it. I'm personally very looking forward to it. I love my mids, but I also love sparkly treble without sibilance. Not a fan of attenuated mid-bass, so all reviews ticked the box for me.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Try Sennheiser IE800, or AGK N40 (similiar signatures). Deatiled, airy, deep low bass and crisp highs (but never piercing).

At least these are my types that I ended with after 3-4 years of listening to different stuff. AKG's are newer and cheaper (almost half the price of IE800) but they are a little less detailed (but not as the price difference would suggest).

You didnt give any info about what you're looking for in sound, so any recommendations will be hit and miss.

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 9

Campfire audio sells b-stock andros for 850. If you've got a decent source, it is a good pair to consider.

I have the Andromedas and I agree 100% with @willowbrook!  Great recommendation.  I also had the Jupiters which you can pick up for a little less.  They should have them B-Stock.  They sound great too.  They have a more V shaped sound signature.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back