80% movies 20% music and portable
Feb 6, 2015 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jb77

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all

I have been looking for a pair of over ear portable headphones for 80% movies 20% music, price range is around $400. For my lunch hour at work I watch movies or listen to music, my environment is a little noisy so sound isolating would help, other uses would be late night movie watching at home (i have a denon avr1911 receiver) comfort is important as i will be using the headphones for an hour a day at work and possibly again for a movie at night, basically everyday use. any recommendations would be welcome, through information i have been reading throughout this site, some considerations have been B&W P7 and bose qc25

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 4
The B&W P7 are quite nice. A bit of bass emphasis that would be nice for movies.

With Bose, part of the price is the active noise cancellation technology. I haven't heard them, but I'd be surprised if they are as good as the P7s.

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 4

thanks for the info cel4145

for bilybob_jcv, ill be running the them mostly through my phone/tablet(every day at work for my lunch hour), at home for music on my laptop, and for late night movie viewing at home they will run through my denon avr1911  receiver 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back