80-100$ New pair of headphones
Dec 30, 2016 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DSebastiao

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm looking forward to buy a new pair of headphones, i will use them for music, movies and gaming.

Let know if you need something more.

Thank you,

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 7
For gaming you'll probably want to make sure there is a microphone built in. I would assume most people would prefer a closed-back headphone unless otherwise stated (simply because open headphones leak sound). Based on this assumption, I would have a look at this pricenfees article. I would agree with most of the suggestions on that list. You stated your price range was $80-$100 but if you can throw in an extra few bucks I would have a look at the akg k545's. They're some of the best sounding headphones for the price, they are comfortable and the detachable cable comes with a mic.

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 7
  open or closed back?

I'm yet to decide, open would give me a more natural sound but i don't want the person next to me to be able to hear it all...
  For gaming you'll probably want to make sure there is a microphone built in. I would assume most people would prefer a closed-back headphone unless otherwise stated (simply because open headphones leak sound). Based on this assumption, I would have a look at this pricenfees article. I would agree with most of the suggestions on that list. You stated your price range was $80-$100 but if you can throw in an extra few bucks I would have a look at the akg k545's. They're some of the best sounding headphones for the price, they are comfortable and the detachable cable comes with a mic.

I will give a look, i can get the 598 for 115, should i go for it? Oh i will get the zalman mic.

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 7

ah no you don't want a microphone built in, gaming headsets are absolutely terrible. You would want to buy a separate mic attachment for gaming

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 7

I'm yet to decide, open would give me a more natural sound but i don't want the person next to me to be able to hear it all...
I will give a look, i can get the 598 for 115, should i go for it? Oh i will get the zalman mic.

open backs are generally the best for positional audio and a better soundstage. I would have recommended the k612 for overall great sound, clarity without being fatiguing, large soundstage, and a clean neutral bass. The hd598 is a good option too but if they were the same price I'd go with the k612 any day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back