8 Driver Custom IEM for 650USD? Yep I have one. - Review.
Apr 21, 2015 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

phantomore

Head-Fier
Now the title it may sound very unconvincing. But believe me I felt the same, "how in the world can there be a 600dollar custom IEM?" Look its not a hidden fee here where you have to buy the cables separately, or like it comes in bubble wrap or something, its a complete product. 

So I was searching for the perfect custom IEM manufacture. A Cheap one in fact, I was about to order from clear tune monitors, but then when I was about to buy it, I came across this company here in china where they made custom iems. so done with my back story the review. 

Presentation & Beauty & Customization

so the earphones in two layers of packaging, and when you got to the black box, you are greeted with your customized iem. It comes with a hardshell case, a half inch jack adapter, and a iem cleaner, basically everything you need to get your tunes playing. 

The CIems are crafted beautifully, I was amazed on how well the job was done. the shells are so well finished off, and even with the hard acrylic, is so confortable, I literally like can have a full dinner with these on. 

the customization is limitless. Basically limitless, I opted for gold flakes on semitransparent-white + navy blueish turquoise for the shell. 

Drivers & Cables 

The drivers in these seem like they are mostly composed of rebranded knowles drivers. I see that the drivers a sealed with a name rebranding, this shows the attention to detail, and how much they think about the value of their brand. 

I got the best cable, just because how cheap the ciem was. Dont get me wrong, their stock sable that comes with the earphones are great, but its just that I had the money. I opted for the 6N silver sables with plastic splitters, (instated of wood) in brown. These were about 80$ a great value for these.

Presentation.

Bass : 
The  bass on this is extraordinary for a 8 driver setup. I opted for the bright model where they had more high drivers than mids or lows, but even with this option, the earphone has such a crisp and clear sound i was amazed, when I tried to watch movies on my mac, I thought my speakers broke due to such a difference in sound. Even with the crisp bass, its not over powering nor does it cover all other instruments, when I listen to live recordings, I can hear the seperation  between the instruments very easily. 

Mids : 
The mids on these are such a out standing feature. The mids are such a natural and a smooth sound, that you can imagine sliding own a field of snow. If you are looking for a natural sound, I would most defiantly go with these. 

Highs : 
Highs on this i would say is a bit strong, Of course this is because i opted for the strong high version by purpose. Since i plan to listen to live recordings on this, I felt like more highs will enhance the seperation  between the different instruments; and it does.  The overall sound is very well finished and non-fatiguing.

Cons : 
I can really find one other than the hassle of putting these on and taking them off. I feel like this is the same of every other earphones

Comparison

So I only have 2 high end devices that i can compare which is LCD-2 and the Se846

LCD-2 : I know this isa totally different area, its for the ones who are wondering if they should go with open cans or closed ciems. So obviously since LCD-2s are a extremely open design the sound has more mass, and it fills the room. But these ciem; not expected, has such a  great volume and area to the sound. If you are hesitating due to the spacious sound signature, I wont worry, and get a CIEM, but if you absolutely need that open design of course I would get the LCD-2. 
The Major difference is the bass. Of course i opted for the high model but the bass is such a  noticeable difference. You can customize the drivers to your liking to optimize for bass, but  for now with the customization model i got, the bass is weaker than the LCD2.

Se846 (and 535): These were my lovely lovely lovely buds before i got these. I feel like there is no point of comparing these two, with the value and the customization you get, I feel like the money spend on a UIEM is not worth it. Of course more drivers does not equal to more sound quality, but in most cases it does, and in this case it does too. I get such more layers of sound on these. But again, se846 is universal, so if you need that quick delivery I would personally go with the se535. 

Summary

Ok, so I opted for the best of the best of the best options they got on their shop, got a 6N cable + Driver CIEM + heavy customization; but at the end of the day I only in total spent 750USD. Even if you are not in to CIEMS, I feel like the price is so low that there is no point to no try these on. 

If you have 650USD and wand a 8Driver CIEM, I would most defiantly get these. 

Update  on pricing : The company currently don't offer direct international orders. But with extra fees and shipping costs covered, they are willing to ship them over sees too. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #9 of 12
From love and review to I don't need these anymore within the span of 24 hours. I know the HF machine is vicious but the turnabout on this thread was so sudden it gave me whiplash 

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #10 of 12
Apr 23, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #12 of 12
  From love and review to I don't need these anymore within the span of 24 hours. I know the HF machine is vicious but the turnabout on this thread was so sudden it gave me whiplash 

no i got a nother one for my birthday (better one) i don't feel like to keep things that i dont necessary need, while i can just sell them. 

I was promised with a Kaiser 10 for my birthday. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back