7hz x Crinacle Dioko Thread
Sep 4, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #76 of 83
Hello,

I'm the happy owner of a my first pair of IEM which are the Dioko and wanted to know the measures to choose the right tips. My parcel has been opened by the custom and I didn't receive the manual and the product information card...I don't know if it's written on theses documents...

Maybe you can help me...

Also, if someone doesn't care about the manual and the information card, I agree to pay for it and its shipment from Europe.
I couldn’t get a good fit on any of the stock tips however among myself and my family, we’ve found the Spinfit CP 1XX series have the most versatile fit. For the Dioko, the CP145 fits is nozzle.

Sep 4, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #77 of 83
I couldn’t get a good fit on any of the stock tips however among myself and my family, we’ve found the Spinfit CP 1XX series have the most versatile fit. For the Dioko, the CP145 fits is nozzle
Thanks for you help.

Yesterday I tried Newbee foam tips and I like them very much. It really improves bass. Don't know yet if they'll be my preferred ones but seems to be on the way...

Sep 4, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #78 of 83
What other iems have a similar/same presentation like the Dioko (budget is between $150-$600)? I want an iem dedicated for vocals/podcasts/audiobooks. The sound demo/test I've heard between the Dioko and S12 tells me the Dioko will be great at vocals/podcasts/audiobooks. I just hear that emphasis on the vocals and backing vocals a lot more on the Dioko as oppposed to the S12.
It’s not popular opinion on here but for podcasts & audiobooks…imo AirPods Pro’s are king. With a choice of isolation, transparency, a midrange bump right in speech range…I generally put down whatever else I’m listening with when I listen to speech based media and switch to my AirPods.

Sep 4, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #79 of 83
Thanks for you help.

Yesterday I tried Newbee foam tips and I like them very much. It really improves bass. Don't know yet if they'll be my preferred ones but seems to be on the way...
Great! If the shoe fits!! I’ve had a lot of issues with fitting IEMs until I decided to try the Spinfits, they don’t sound the best but they seal effortlessly for long periods.
Curiously the oval shaped AirPods Pro have also been perfect for years even though they don’t really insert.

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #81 of 83
Hi everyone.
I bought the dioko on release, I listened to it like twice and I didn't feel like trying it again.
It was underwhelming in many ways.
The bass was tiny to my ears and the sub bass even though on the graphs it shows there is a bump, well in practice it's also weak.
The mids in short are thin, it sounded as if I was listening through a radio or something.
The treble was harsh, I was afraid of that peak but I kept doubting myself it will be ok.
But unfortunately that peak was present and it wasn't pleasant at all.
The best thing about this iem is that it sounds more open and airy than other iems under 250 dollars, and it's resolution is also pretty good, although the timbre was bad in my opinion.
I can't recommend this iem to anyone, even my friends laughed at it when they tried it.
And my unit wasn't broken or anything like that I actually graphed it myself and it measured close to what the target should look like.

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #82 of 83
I think it’s a bit of a fatiguing earphone with the upper treble (sounds sharp on some of tracks) with stock ear tips but I think it can be slightly lowered with short length, wide bore ear tips (e.g. KZ ZEX ear tips). In general, I don't mind the light sounding bass; female vocals sound very clear; soundstage isn't particularly wide and doesn't have too much depth, but the soundstage height is very good imo.

I’ve posted some recent measurements below with stock ear tips and KZ ZEX ear tips, performed on my MiniDSP EARS using IDF calibration. Sound outputted from Hidizs S9 AKM to Topping A50S. KZ x CRN and Letshouer S12 (non-Pro) were added for reference.

KZ x CRN - Salnotes Dioko - Letshouer S12.png

237006CE-0A04-4350-86DB-27DD4613FD5A.jpeg

Attachments

• KZ x CRN - Salnotes Dioko.png
    KZ x CRN - Salnotes Dioko.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #83 of 83
I picked up a pair of these a few days ago on sale from Amazon via Linsoul ($84 CAD)... And jeez, I'm assuming Linsoul hasn't fixed the filter issue? These are genuinely the sharpest treble I've ever heard out of an audio product. On my iPod, my S23 Ultra and desktop.

I've EQ'd on my phone to some success, but wow, I don't know who did what to these IEMs to make them this angry. Seems they sell the replacement "Crinacle" filters now for $12 CAD, has anyone found these have a drastic improvement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back