$75K, 110db horn speakers...
Oct 14, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 30
Mine would. And then I'd be upset because she let me buy them. And then she'd say it was my fault for not controlling myself in the first place. Sometimes I think I'd prefer my wife be less supportive of my decisions.

icon10.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #4 of 30
I think that set was on eBay few months ago

the chair in that image is right infront of the right-channel horn, he must have unbalanced hearing
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 30
those have to be the absolute ugliest piece of audio equipment I have ever seen.

Oct 14, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
those have to be the absolute ugliest piece of audio equipment I have ever seen.

I kind of like those speakers, but they *really* dominate that room. I can't imagine them sounding optimal from any of the shown seating positions. I think something 1/3 to 1/2 the size would be more appropriate, or a *much* larger room.

Oct 14, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 30
Wow, 75 K$ and they still have passive crossovers?

Is the small cabinet in one of the photos a little subwoofer cowering in the shadow of those leviathans?

Actually I like the concept, but they need to be built into a wall to really make them work right. That would make them look kind of nice as well. hmmm... I wonder what he would take for them without the crossovers....

gerG

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

And here I thought I was the only person thinking that...
eek.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Ugly I would kind of say scary
very_evil_smiley.gif
, don't think my 3 year old daughter would ever come into the front room again
mad.gif

Cap

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #12 of 30
Wow, i dont know

I know sound before looks, but that room looks like a decorating nightmare. 75k for something that look slike it came from an industrial torture chamber.

For that much money i guess i would sort of care what they did look like. I also wouldn t put them in such a tiny room with my head right behind that gigantic horn.

Oct 14, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #13 of 30
I concurr. if I came downstairs in the dark and found those in my room, I would run like $&*# for the hills screaming.

you know monsters live inside those things right?
confused.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #14 of 30
Whoever buys them is gonna need some bodybuilding friends to move them in....cause they weigh a ton (literally!)
eek.gif
. It must be hell trying to toe those in for that right soundstage.

Oct 14, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #15 of 30
You know, those speakers are just way over the top, but it seems clear looking at the room layout that the real problem is that he tried to integrate them into his decorating scheme somehow rather than thinning out the room and letting them dominate like they were going to anyway. The mission chair and ottoman in front of the speaker, the sofa longways in front of the left speaker, the displaced coffee table--it all says failed the WAF test.

1097546771.jpg

Ditch both chairs and move the sofa directly in front of the speakers. Keep either the coffee table or ottoman, depending on your preference. Get rid of the curio cabinet too and replace it with a large fern, or palm--everything competing with those speakers.

Acknowledge
the fact that this is a listening room. Surely, it is nothing other than that, unless perhaps a hi-fi joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back