7506's arrive, and 4P repair update
Jul 25, 2003 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

uoods

100+ Head-Fier
I'm very impressed with the out of box performance of the 7506's. These will do quite nicely as an addition to my collection, and as a pair of isolating 'phones while my ER-4P's are out for repair. On that note, the etymotic representative was very courteous and answered all my questions. Also thanks to d_wilson for such a quick response.

Anyway, on the 7506's, how long have some of the other owners out there burnt them in and can I expect anything from burn in?

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 2
I just got the Sony MDR 7506 one week ago and am very impressed with it too. It is the phone I use when I am mobile. It is great to take on trips. You don't even need an amp with it. It sounds good right out of a portable headphone jack. If someone was looking for a headphone to use without an amp, this would be the one I would recommend. The Grado SR 60 is good too.

On a sidenote, I was in the Denver Colorado airport a couple of weeks ago and they had a Bose Headphone station setup. They were trying to promote thier noise cancelling headphones. I walked up and listened to the salesmans speil and then tried on the phones. When I took them off, he said "They sound great don't they". I said, no not really, and pulled out the 7506 and said to him, these sound so much better and they are not 300.00 dollars. The Bose do cancel out noise better than any other headphone, so I can see how they would be good for airplanes, but I thing they sound like crap, especially for their asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back