75 ohm coax SPDIF cable
Jun 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about a combination of Cu & Ag, such as;

3m Neotech Silver Digital Coax for 5.1 Audio RRP$86.95 - eBay, Wires, Cables, Accessories, Electronics. (end time 18-Jun-09 19:11:04 AEST)

Looks like a best of both worlds scenario...doesn't say anything about 75 Ohm, but it could put the argument to rest.

I have a Beresford TRC-222, digital interconnect made with a Neotech cable made of pure copper and teflon.
smily_headphones1.gif
The RCA's are claimed to be 75 ohm, too.
bigsmile_face.gif

It sounds great, and is better than my Belden 1694A or my Gotham silver plated copper / PE digital cable.

Jun 19, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rca's can't be 75ohm. even if the male connector might be, the jacks on the panels won't be.

Right.

Quote:

its not even important;

It is important.

Quote:

but you are kidding yourself if you think you have a true 75ohm cable with rca's on it. I don't think a thing such as that really exists (other than in marketing literature).

Double right.

3 out of 4 ain't bad.

As for the Neotech........all marketing gobbledygook. Nothing that they say has any relevance to whether it will make a decent SPDIF cable or not.

".............microstrip designed conductors.............."
"............conductive PVC jackets your signal is protected against external influences." (Gee, you mean that the jacket has some function other than to cover the outer braid? News to me.)
"Includes Ferrite Core EMI & RFI filter for extra screening protection!" (Really?)

Who thinks up such nonsense?

3 m long, so there may be a glimmer of hope.

Have fun, guys.

Jocko

Users who are viewing this thread

Back