~$700-800 DAC... VDA•2/VAC•1 or something else?
Apr 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #16 of 17
Yes, I will definitely do a comparison. The place I bought it from have a two week return policy, so if there's something I don't like about it, however small, then I'm sending it back and getting a VDA-2. It does seem like a very decent no nonsense DAC though so it will be interesting trying it out.

Don't feel very concerned about the weight. If you take a look at the insides it seems quite well built, albeit minimalistic.

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #17 of 17
If you're open to picking up one used, it'll open up your options and you'll save money. There are several PS Audio DLIII on audiogon for $450-550. Also, you wouldn't lose any if much money if you bought it used and didn't like it and resold it.

I like new. I used to buy used all the time and I got sick of having problem after problem and not knowing what I got.

Anyway, to the DAC.

This is the only high end DAC I have ever heard but Ill be damned if it doesn't make everything sound SO much better then my x-fi. Dramatically improved sound-stage, and the bass extension now goes all the way down without and problems. Music sounds full and warm. Gotta say I like it, even if it is a little huge on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back