6th Gen iPod in december (perhaps) ... TrustedReviews think so
Oct 18, 2006 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

m_memmory

1000+ Head-Fier
I just went to my home page where a load of news aggrigates and got this link from TrustedReviews website. Personally I've never read anything at the site before and know nothing about them but heck, it makes an interesting read and you never know - it could be true.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=3567

Just for anyone whose interested and let you all make your own minds up about whether it's true or not.

Oct 18, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 11
That would be great. The iPhone also looks pretty nice (even if it's only an artists impression).

Oct 18, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #5 of 11
That iPhone looks pretty slick. Wonder what screen size they'll go with on the 6g? The patent drawing looks 4:3. Since their movies are at 640x480 off the iTunes store that sure would eat up some battery.

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 11
The technical editor of Trusted Reviews is a friend and I just want to say that these guys are no ordinary "journalists". I rely on these guys for a lot of my technical news.

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 11
It makes a lot more sense that Apple would release one or two new products at Macworld in early January, not at post-Xmas clearance time. I suspect that they'll announce their big product (touchscreen iPod? wireless hardware?) only then. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 11
As the world's best quote of the critque of the touch screen ipod says....

"Great, now i would spend another couple hundred on a device that is great at taking fingerprints, who would of thought."

Ill get one anyway. I have to have every silicon device lol.

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #9 of 11
i imagine that apple's thought about the fingerprint problem and will incorporate some measures to prevent the screen from being dirtied/marred too badly (or will they?)...

that being said, i still doubt these rumors. MWSF will be the earliest we see these...

Dec 26, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 11
I predict a new HDD based DAP from Apple will use the same new system-on-a-chip as the 2G Nano does. Nano went from 14 hours to 24 hours of playback and for sure battery technology didn't magically evolve that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back