6SN7 appeal - National Union (NU) and Raytheon owners - I need your help!
Sep 20, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
adhoc, I am curious what you're up to. I cannot wait
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to say that the JAN-CRP-6SN7GT Raytheon, black flat-plates, is still a thrilling experience in the 6SN7GT land, to say the least: A real rocker's tube if you ask me. Depending on type, they do, however, sound different IMO.

PM me a suitable address for me to send high res photos of two flat-plates; the VT-231 (black/flat-plate/support rods) and a 1950 JAN-CRP-6SN7GT (black/flat-plate/clips/top D-getter).

Oh no, not again.
rolleyes.gif
I always forget that that Raytheon I reffred to really is a JAN-CRP-6SN7WGT. I'm sorry about that.

Sep 20, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
"Glod,

I just reread your first post in this post again, and I noticed something I must have missed earlier - a Raytheon GT with a top D-getter? That would be a first! Photos would be much appreciated.
biggrin.gif

And regarding the NU black glass 6SN7GT, I have 2 photos - take your pick: 1 and 2."...

It looks about the same as the left of these.: with perhaps an even slightly smaller clear opening.

Sep 20, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #18 of 22
I appear to have an instance of this tube:

5. Raytheon VT-231/JAN-CRP-6SN7GT version 3: flat plates, 2 support rods with additional top mica structures

It has flat plates and 2 support rods. This is a single mica structure at the top. I'll try to get you a picture in the next two weeks.

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #19 of 22
EdipisReks, thanks for your offer - but I already have quite a few photos of the T-plates (18).
eek.gif
wink.gif

guzziguy, photos would be MUCH appreciated. Your example of the RT VT-231 is one which I wish to investigate in more detail particularly.

Sep 21, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
guzziguy, photos would be MUCH appreciated. Your example of the RT VT-231 is one which I wish to investigate in more detail particularly.

No problem. I'll get some pictures of it soon then. Can you please PM me your email address. I've never taken pictures of tubes before. I'll be using a Panasonic FX-9 in macro mode to take the pictures, so they will be about 7 mbits each. Can you suggest some techniques to ensure getting good pictures?

Just a warning here. I'm not a tube expert and this is the first 6SN7 that I've seen, so it may not be the type you hope it is. It definitely is a Raytheon VT-231 JAN-CRP-6SN7GT. At least that's what it says on the base!
biggrin.gif
It has the structure described as Ver 3, has a D getter on one side down near the base and is clear throughout the tube (probably a "clear top"). Does this sound right to you?

BTW, as a Med student, how do you have time for this? I'm impressed!

Sep 22, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy
No problem. I'll get some pictures of it soon then. Can you please PM me your email address. I've never taken pictures of tubes before. I'll be using a Panasonic FX-9 in macro mode to take the pictures, so they will be about 7 mbits each. Can you suggest some techniques to ensure getting good pictures?

A light-coloured (white is ideal) background and good 'flooded' lighting is helpful. Flood the area with lighting from multiple angles to prevent shadows. Also, try to angle your camera/lights in a way that would avoid reflections on the tube surface, which would obscure the innards.

Quote:

Just a warning here. I'm not a tube expert and this is the first 6SN7 that I've seen, so it may not be the type you hope it is. It definitely is a Raytheon VT-231 JAN-CRP-6SN7GT. At least that's what it says on the base!
biggrin.gif
It has the structure described as Ver 3, has a D getter on one side down near the base and is clear throughout the tube (probably a "clear top"). Does this sound right to you?

Sounds just about right.
wink.gif

Quote:

BTW, as a Med student, how do you have time for this? I'm impressed!

It's difficult, and not to sound cliched, but it's all about time management.
tongue.gif
Also, this project is not going to be completed anytime soon - I'm looking at a year end completion date.

Sep 22, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #22 of 22
"It's difficult, and not to sound cliched, but it's all about time management. Also, this project is not going to be completed anytime soon - I'm looking at a year end completion date."

That sounds like soon to me.

By the way, thanks, for all your hard work on tube info, everyone appreciates it.

- augustwest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back