6SN7 -> 6ED7 tube adapters for use with a WA6-SE?
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

grmnasasin0227

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Glenn stopped making these adapters a while ago, and I'd like to create a pair. From conversations I've seen, the adapters in addition to rearranging the pinouts like a normal tube adapter also housed a resistor and a capacitor to protect the 6SN7 from the WA6-SE's considerable current.

I was curious if anyone here knew more on the subject of creating tube adapters, these specific adapters in question, or anything else of note to help me out. In the meantime, I'm going to be trawling the internet for 6ED7 and 6SN7 electrical specifications, do a bit of poking about regarding the WA6-SE's output, and reading up on a list of materials that I'll need to create tube adapters.

Thanks for any and all input! :)

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 7
Hey man--get this. I've been in contact with Glenn recently, and basically by begging the guy he's making me a set. He told me that he bought some excess materials, and that it's OK that I mention to people that he's making them again! I'd give him a PM if I were you :)

Sep 22, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Hey man--get this. I've been in contact with Glenn recently, and basically by begging the guy he's making me a set. He told me that he bought some excess materials, and that it's OK that I mention to people that he's making them again! I'd give him a PM if I were you :)

Manage to contact Glenn. He has already shipped my adapters. Thanks for your help bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back