6P13P Tubes - Still need replacements!
Apr 20, 2006 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RobxMcCarthy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

A while back I posted about needing replacements for a couple different tubes. I have since found a comparable tube to the input's, however I'm still looking for something better than the Shuguang 6P13P Beam Power tube.

I've been unable to locate any that have a similar pinout. (top pin + the 5 bottom active pins.)

It seems like there are plenty of replacements, however, none of them have the top pin, which I believe is the plate output.

I could modify the amplifier itself, however, this seems a little drastic.

I'd appreciate any help from the experts on finding a replacement tube.

The datasheet can be located here.
http://tubedata.tigahost.com/tubedat...95/6/6P13P.pdf

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Rob

Apr 21, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 10
The description has the English text. I do not know the American analogue of this lamp. But likely the analogue should be.
If it is interesting to you, I shall ask at Russian forum.

Apr 21, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 10
Hey thanks, that'd be a lot of help. I asked on the chinese forum and I actually got the russian naming convention for that other tube, which didn't help very much.

I'm going to try some Svetlanas of that type, they seem like a good option. However I'm always interested in alternatives.

Apr 22, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 10
The lamp 6P13S was applied in TVs of 60th years. If you the alternative interests, look for a lamp 6P44S or 6P44SM. It lets out Russian a factory in Saratov "REFLEKTOR". In America this lamp should be. Pin-connection diagrams at these lamps do not coincide.

627.jpg

6p44.jpg

Aug 16, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 10
i have just received 6p13p amplifier, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9740717507

unfortunately it was smoking after 3 hours play. do u have any ideas or ways to take care for this amplifier since this is my first tube amplifier. i just send this amp to CA for repairing.

actually i am seeking for professional aid about the replacement tube for the 6p13p in this column. does it really give significant changes on sound quality? if so, may i know where can i get it because i could not find one from search engine. Instead, how about 6n8p. Is there any information about this tube. please advice. thanks alot

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #9 of 10
It is a bit of a kick. And the answer has been floating around in other topics. But to round this one up:

Direct drop-in replacement for the 6P13P is the Russian 6P13S
Lot of them around on E-bay for next to nothing. They give a noticable improvement over the 6P13S.

For the driver-side, a direct replacement for the 6J8P is the 6SJ7 or 6SJ7GT or the 6SJ7WGT. Also an improvement.

Mine also has a humming sound when idle. Still seeking to eliminate that problem.

Feb 29, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 10
I've recently ordered some Mullard EL360's. From reading the datasheets they should also be a drop-in replacement. I'll try them when they are deliverd and will post the results.

If the EL360 indeed proves to be a drop-in replacement, then there are various European and American equivalents.

Even more tuberolling options keep appearing for this little amp.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back