6Moons Props 32 Ohm Audio !!
Oct 18, 2009 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20
I was pretty much blown away when Srajan asked if he could do a bit on the 32 Ohm Audio store.....

[size=large]6Moons Industry Feature of 32 Ohm Audio[/size]

Even more was his decision to direct more content to portables, digital, streaming music and the hardware that makes it all happen.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 19, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 20
Congratulations, Ken!

That was a great article and I like the personal touch and all the links.

You deserve the recognition for all your hard work and devotion to this hobby and customer service!

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 20
Oh My GOD! Portable, balanced sound from a portable DAC pulling a digital signal off the iPod. Not to mention the sweet mini headphone equipment rack idea. Has there ever been a better time to be a headphone audiophile. If you noticed I did not end that last sentence with a question mark. And thats because it wasn't a question!! Its also good to see 6moons starting to take a more pointed interest in the headphone world

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
I roar my laugh of many good things to come.

Kevin

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 20
Friend of mine EMailed me the link to the piece earlier today.

Seeing an actual brick and mortar store like that just brought a big, hopeful smile to my face.

And it's beautiful too. Very simple and elegant. Nice brick facade. Reminds me a bit of a "head shop" of a different sort that I used to frequent in my younger days.
atsmile.gif

Also reminds me of Don Garber's (of tube amp fame) "fi" shop that was located at the just too damn cool "30 Watts Street" in Manhattan.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to see more stores like yours pop up elsewhere.

se

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #7 of 20
Thanks all!

I owe a lot to Vinnie he has been my adviser, technical get me out of trouble, making things happen and work better and sounding board. We are really excited and I think indeed this is an exciting time to be into portable Audio. I hope the retail store can "make it". As a friend of mine told Vinnie, if this does not make it I think we are all in big trouble. We are doing some advertising in local street papers so hope to get more traffic.

Kboe, Matt MacBeth is a guy I can say something like hey can you help make a DAC / AMP with a SPDIF out, USB out, tube output, have the ability to also send a level line out so that people can use their own amp if they want, add a kool "visualizer" oscilloscope like the old Marantz 2600 use it have, and I want to design the enclosure... oh and we have to make it affordable (honestly thats what I emailed him today
bigsmile_face.gif
) and he would say, oh yeah thats a good ideal, hold on I know of a great chip for this or that...

Marantz.Scope.2600.gif

We are super excited about some of the projects going on.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope the retail store can "make it". As a friend of mine told Vinnie, if this does not make it I think we are all in big trouble.

He's probably quite right.

Quote:

We are doing some advertising in local street papers so hope to get more traffic.

Yeah, as nice as the 6 Moons piece was, it'll be local advertising that will bring in the customers. Also see if you can get some free advertising by being featured on local news or "morning" programs and magazines.

By the way, one thing in hindsight I thought was missing in the store was some nice comfy, over stuffed chairs. I think it would be nice to cultivate a more social atmosphere. A place where people can come and hang out and not just "buy stuff."

Anyway, not trying to tell you how to run your business. Just thinking out loud. I think you've created something very special and even though it's hundreds of miles away, I'd like nothing more than to see it thrive.

se

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #9 of 20
That is really exciting to hear you're creating a portable iPod transport device. It would be awesome if you could get that enclosed in one of your wooden iPod docks. It would look so much better than the Wadia iTransport or that new Onkyo device.

And of course, the shop looks great. If I am ever in Portland, I'll definitely stop by there.

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #10 of 20
Nice place Ken, very elegant and clean.

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #11 of 20
Really nice article.
The store looks ace as well of course. Well done!
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's probably quite right.

Yeah, as nice as the 6 Moons piece was, it'll be local advertising that will bring in the customers. Also see if you can get some free advertising by being featured on local news or "morning" programs and magazines.

By the way, one thing in hindsight I thought was missing in the store was some nice comfy, over stuffed chairs. I think it would be nice to cultivate a more social atmosphere. A place where people can come and hang out and not just "buy stuff."

Anyway, not trying to tell you how to run your business. Just thinking out loud. I think you've created something very special and even though it's hundreds of miles away, I'd like nothing more than to see it thrive.

se

Agreed... we are still waiting for our hardware for the component racks then we are going to get 2 comfy leather chairs for listening. The custom hardware fabrication takes a long time and we have a big order so we can make a bunch of these racks.

I think I will call the local papers once we get this gear all set up. We plan to have 3 or 4 rack systems, 2 or 3 running of notebooks as the source, one music server and one ipod/wadia system. Should be fun.

Ken

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #15 of 20
Hi Ken,

Since there are so many independent music stores all over your area, definitely hand them out your brochures so they can give to their customers, and you can return the favor for them. It'll be great to "cross pollinate" as the gear and the music go together like hand and glove.

Even target that huge independent book store in town - people there would probably love to get more out of their music than their stock iPod earbuds, and if they know your store is close by, I'm sure they'll check it out and get to listen for themselves and hear what they are missing.

The comfy chairs is a great idea, along with a small end table for some drinks. You probably can't serve alcohol without a license, but there are alternatives
wink.gif

Even let all the local coffee shops, small restaurants, art shops, etc. in town know about you, and you can give out information in your store about them as well. If you get involved with a lot of small businesses in your area, you can all help each other out and build a strong community. A polar opposite of the "big box" stores - that's for sure!

You are going to do very well - you are "chill" (laid back) guy who is not pushy or snobby like you find in some hifi shops. You know your products (you build a lot of it yourself!) and you like to help people and love what you do - there is no way you are not going to do great once the Portland and neighboring cities/towns finds out about you!

Man if I lived in Portland, I've move Red Wine Audio next door! Alas, my family and my wife's family are all here in New England and we don't want to be far away. Maybe I can get them all to move to Portland!
tongue.gif

Wishing you all the best,

Vinnie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back