6moons and Burson have been naughty.
May 28, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #46 of 89

Quote:
Care to elaborate?

Ever heard of the LessLoss blackbody?  http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/lessloss4/blackbody.html

This review is all I think of when I hear 6moons. 

What is this thing supposed to do?  Absorb electromagnetic radiation?  Keep dots away from my audio equipment?  The dots are bad, right?  It's black, so I guess it absorbs light.  I guess it could do that from one direction, but all of them?  What frequency is this thing supposed to target?

Apparently this thing was developed by a guy who surrounded himself with a bunch of light bulbs of different colors and decided that violet helped sound quality the most. 

May 28, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #47 of 89
Ever heard of another thread where your totally irrelevant post can be discussed?

Quote:
Ever heard of the LessLoss blackbody?  http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/lessloss4/blackbody.html

What is this thing supposed to do?  Absorb electromagnetic radiation?  Keep dots away from my audio equipment?  The dots are bad, right?  It's black, so I guess it absorbs light.  I guess it could do that from one direction, but all of them?  What frequency is this thing supposed to target?

Apparently this thing was developed by a guy who surrounded himself with a bunch of light bulbs of different colors and decided that violet helped sound quality the most. 

May 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #48 of 89

:D lol... I hope that 'review' is a 1st april joke...(I couldn't keep a straight face for more than 10s while looking at it)

>Ever heard of another thread where your totally irrelevant post can be discussed?

I find it relevant to probity of 6moons and snake oil/misleading advertising, thanks...Fits well under the topic of 6moons being naughty prior to their joint Burson naughty effort. A lot more relevant than your contribution http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/555084/6moons-and-burson-have-been-naughty/30#post_7498690 :) IMHO.
Their great leader Srajan Ebaen's examination of the placebo effect of placement of multiple $900 boxes of poo around his room is fascinating. (nice room though. Clearly built on great journalistic integrity) Oh wait, he thinks it's actually real, dang...

okok, fine, it's probably best to make a thread in http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/133/sound-science about the aforementioned 'product' :D

May 28, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #49 of 89

Quote:

Oh- this definitely can be admitted as evidence here.  This really speaks to what we're dealing with here:  "Listening to the system without any Blackbody, a situation we were quite happy with before, now produced an empty feeling. There definitely was something missing from the sound."  Thank you for passing that along.

May 28, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #51 of 89

Oh- this definitely can be admitted as evidence here.  This really speaks to what we're dealing with here:  "Listening to the system without any Blackbody, a situation we were quite happy with before, now produced an empty feeling. There definitely was something missing from the sound."  Thank you for passing that along.

:D epic quote... Something tells me the great 6moons leader Mr Srajan Ebaen will no doubt refuse to back up his claims by blind testing the difference between:
a) a couple of cinder blocks
b) some empty space
c) the $900 poo boxes

With his special ears and magical unicorn EM detectors :D...

May 28, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #52 of 89
So this issue is pretty much dead since the focus is now 'magicians' v. 'mentats', which is the usual fungus that spreads on dead threads - or kills them. Glad that this skullduggery has been stopped in its tracks and that the citizens can sleep soundly once again.

May 28, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #53 of 89
So this issue is pretty much dead since the focus is now 'magicians' v. 'mentats', which is the usual fungus that spreads on dead threads - or kills them. Glad that this skullduggery has been stopped in its tracks and that the citizens can sleep soundly once again.

no, we've just temporarily shifted the focus to 6moons for amusement. But by all means please keep trying to say we're all trolls and play down the issues raised here.

I still want an explanation from Burson and 6moons about the incorrect review facts and the origin of the later showcase ads with those facts in red and as a marketing point, and Burson's role in all that/preferably a public apology and I think they owe it to the public...Just doesn't seem like we're going to get any of those, since they haven't provided one to date. More of a "would you like 'some fries with that siiiir'"?.

May 28, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #55 of 89
I'm sure they'll get right on that.

I defer back to post 38.

iluvhamsterwheel

Quote:
Quote:

no, we've just temporarily shifted the focus to 6moons for amusement. But by all means please keep trying to say we're all trolls and play down the issues raised here.

I still want an explanation from Burson and 6moons about the incorrect review facts and the origin of the later showcase ads with those facts in red and as a marketing point, and Burson's role in all that/preferably a public apology and I think they owe it to the public...Just doesn't seem like we're going to get any of those, since they haven't provided one to date. More of a "would you like 'some fries with that siiiir'"?.

May 28, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #56 of 89
Well Australia is awake right now but I wouldn't hold my breath in this thread for an apology.

pretty sure they adopted the 'quietly remove the suss ad and replace it with an ok one not to get an ACCC injunction and pretend nothing happened/decline to comment' "strategy" :D possibly complemented by the 'not edit the review, since it's a review and we can't get issued an injunction to correct that' one...
as I indicated in the post above, I'm not holding my breath for anything :D ...

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/resonessence/4.html
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/burson5/5.html

stiiill there...F---g appalling and disgusting... Only removed the 'asynchronous usb' bs in red from the ad, but not the reviews, those dodgy %*&@s (impervious to even public shaming lol :D )

May 28, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #57 of 89

Quote:
No it cannot. It has nothing to do with the issue at hand and is just trolling. Go thread-crap somewhere else.

Yes it does.  It has everything to do with the issue at hand which is lack of truthfulness of the reviewers and obvious financially-motivated bias.  Of course this will happen at any review site that has paid advertisers, as it does with magazines -- one just needs to keep that in mind when reading reviews, especially of products that aren't even in the signal chain.

May 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #58 of 89

Quote:
Ever heard of the LessLoss blackbody? [..]  This review is all I think of when I hear 6moons. 

What is this thing supposed to do?  Absorb electromagnetic radiation?  Keep dots away from my audio equipment?  [..]  What frequency is this thing supposed to target?

For my taste you and subsequent posters in this thread are going a notch too far. Anybody here really tried this box with their gear? Somebody with substantial knowledge on its inner workings, perhaps? 

You have no idea what frequencies is this is supposed to target? Me neither and the producer does not help us (yes, plainly suspicious!), but signals on certain frequencies can induce interference with audio equipment. Put your cellphone on your audio gear and make a call, good chances are you'll hear it through your music. It's an extreme example and the thing may be working on entirely irrelevant frequency or even worse -- it may actually be interferring itself and degrade performance! I would personally avoid it.! 
tongue.gif

Nevertheless, all I am trying to say is that it is possible that it affects sonic performance, at least nobody here ruled it out by any means. To undermine 6moons credibility I'd expect some evidence that it may not have any sonic effect.

May 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #59 of 89

Quote:
Yes it does.  It has everything to do with the issue at hand which is lack of truthfulness of the reviewers and obvious financially-motivated bias.  Of course this will happen at any review site that has paid advertisers, as it does with magazines -- one just needs to keep that in mind when reading reviews, especially of products that aren't even in the signal chain.

I presented it mostly as an example of vulnerability to psychological factors, primarily in response to the post I quoted.  In short, it's why I don't find 6moons to be credible. 

Quote:
For my taste you and subsequent posters in this thread are going a notch too far. Anybody here really tried this box with their gear? Somebody with substantial knowledge on its inner workings, perhaps? 

You have no idea what frequencies is this is supposed to target? Me neither and the producer does not help us (yes, plainly suspicious!), but signals on certain frequencies can induce interference with audio equipment. Put your cellphone on your audio gear and make a call, good chances are you'll hear it through your music. It's an extreme example and the thing may be working on entirely irrelevant frequency or even worse -- it may actually be interferring itself and degrade performance! I would personally avoid it.! 
tongue.gif

Nevertheless, all I am trying to say is that it is possible that it affects sonic performance, at least nobody here ruled it out by any means. To undermine 6moons credibility I'd expect some evidence that it may not have any sonic effect.

Even assuming that this device works as a black body for every bandwidth of EM radiation, you would have to surround the device with them.  Even a theoretical black body wouldn't suck in radiation that isn't aimed at it.  This thing isn't a black hole.  Plus, they seem to forget that the hardware is inside of steel or aluminum cases that are going to reflect radiation back into the hardware that they contain. 

May 30, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #60 of 89
Wait a second - please, please, nobody else try to defend the magic black box. I'm not entirely sure why people are applying science to its supposed inner workings. It's a bit like deciding, after someone claims that hanging chakra crystals above their hi-fi made it sound better by realigning micospatial quarks, that you can't possible refute their opinion or insult them in any way until you have heard it yourself and bought in several quantum physicists to investigate their claims.

Aprox. 1mg of common sense is required here to irrevocably demonstrate that this is total bunk.

EDIT: Reading further, the 6moons reviewer is now insisting that the boxes also protected him from the "assault" of the "powerful radiation" from his Mac - that people would ever place any trust in this site at all absolutely astounds me - they are clearly either certifiably insane or a bunch of scammers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back