6G iPod: I think we know what's coming
Jan 10, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #16 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno....it doesn't work well in iTunes on my dual core MacBook Pro or dual core Windows PC, I have to slide through each artist one by one to get the album art to show up.

Do you mean that the albums go too quickly? Or not quickly enough?

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #17 of 46
I mean that I have to scroll through each album slowly and wait for iTunes to load the album art, and then move to the next album, and repeat until I go through all 100+ artists and iTunes finally caches all the album art.

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean that I have to scroll through each album slowly and wait for iTunes to load the album art, and then move to the next album, and repeat until I go through all 100+ artists and iTunes finally caches all the album art.

How much ram do you have? I have 2 GB's and it flies.

Jan 10, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #19 of 46
2GB on each computer. Yes, it flies once iTunes loads and caches all the album art. Otherwise, I had to sit there for about 10 mins scrolling each album individually to force iTunes to load and cache them, which I just did, on each computer, because I was bored.

Jan 10, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #21 of 46
Maybe the new iPod will have (gasp!) FM radio
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #22 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I'm not a fan of touch interfaces, prefer old fashioned buttons that have some tactile feedback.

Plus the screen is going to get jizzed up real quick. If anybody want's to watch video on it then they're going to be in a world of pain in a few months.

Jan 10, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the new iPod will have (gasp!) FM radio
wink.gif

That would be a step back if you ask me. FM sucks.

Jan 11, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by cali141 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Satellite radio.

The audio quality of a well received FM station leaves XM and Sirius completely in the dust. NO contest. Both satellite radio providers sound like ass. The only thing they have going for them is content and lack of commercial advertising. The main advantage of FM should be obvious though - it's free.

Be that as it may, it's unlikely that Apple will ever include an FM tuner in the iPod when they can sell it as an accessory for an extra $50.

Jan 11, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #29 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it matter for the news and weather?

I guess not if that's your only means of getting it. Do you listen to that stuff all day long? I listen to sports radio in the car, 'bout it.

Jan 11, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #30 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The audio quality of a well received FM station leaves XM and Sirius completely in the dust. NO contest. Both satellite radio providers sound like ass.

I don't have enough experience with satellite radio to say either way...but I will state that having heard FM through a Magnum Dynalab tuner, my eyes and moreover, ears were well opened to the possibilities of FM radio. It seriously sounded like a CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back