6CG7 adapter for Singlepower PPX Slam
May 3, 2006 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Clarity

100+ Head-Fier
What does this adapter look like? I just recieved my PPX slam which should have had an adapter. The output will only accept the 6SN7. Am I missing something here?
confused.gif

May 3, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 8
Hi Jacob should the adapter have been installed already or does the owner have to install it. It only appears the 6SN7 will fit.

Just an update, it appears the adapter wasn't shipped and should be here by next week. Thanks Jacob

May 3, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 8
" I just recieved my PPX slam which should have had an adapter. The output will only accept the 6SN7."

The PPX3 SLAM should have the 5687 as the output tubes, not 6CG7's.

- augustwest

May 3, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
" I just recieved my PPX slam which should have had an adapter. The output will only accept the 6SN7."

The PPX3 SLAM should have the 5687 as the output tubes, not 6CG7's.

- augustwest

I think he means a 6cg7 for the gain position.

May 3, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 8
Sorry for the condusion everyone, yes I meant the gain adapter and it should be here shortly. Can't wait to try it out.

Overall I am very impressed with the PPX Slam. I listened for a good 2 hours (would have been more but had to be at the hospital by 5 am) and realized how good my RS1s really are as well as my other set of cans. The synergy of the E5 along with the PPX Slam and the RS1 is simply amazing. I can see myself enjoying this combo for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back