TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Jan 29, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #706 of 813
Posted this in another thread:

Finding myself surprised to find Fourte more to my liking that U18 so far. Based on impressions and my own past preferences I would have stayed away from it, as I thought it would be too bright.

I find U18's mid bass to be too prominent in comparison to the rest of the frequencies, and vocals too recessed (both modules). Fourte is decidedly brighter but has deeper and more natural sub bass, and vocals and mids are more forward. Imaging is clearer as are details and a taller, all-around more holographic soundstage. Despite it being brighter and a bit colder it is certainly not dry or boring at all.

U18 bass quality is good until you compare with the Fourte's DD again - I'm sticking with dynamics or at least hybrids for sure. Despite my limited experience with BA bass I find they sound a little like tiny cannons of micro-fart expulsions :ksc75smile:

Despite both IEMs being great in their own rights, neither one will be my next purchase. And, not at all trying to debate whether their price is justified or not, IMO and compared with the only other flagship IEM I've owned, the Vega, they absolutely do not warrant the price difference based on performance. More like a different tuning with perhaps a slight, and I mean maybe like 2%, better technical performance.

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #707 of 813
It really does go to show you have to demo for yourself. Our ears will hear things differently. :)

And worth is hard to quantify. Are the a/u18ts worth it to me? Yes. Forte? At retail - maybe not. The a/u18t on sale was at the top of my budget but I am glad I went for it. Compared to the Vega I do think 64 Audio's stuff is well worth it, but I also prefer the Andromeda to the Vega.

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #708 of 813
It really does go to show you have to demo for yourself. Our ears will hear things differently. :)

And worth is hard to quantify. Are the a/u18ts worth it to me? Yes. Forte? At retail - maybe not. The a/u18t on sale was at the top of my budget but I am glad I went for it. Compared to the Vega I do think 64 Audio's stuff is well worth it, but I also prefer the Andromeda to the Vega.
Absolutely. If they fit my preferred sound signature spot on then I'd be more likely to consider them of course. And if the Fourte came in custom form then that might make it more enticing - they keep growing on me, but, and again this is unique to what I'm specifically looking for and perhaps can hear, the price difference from the Fourte to my next favorite IEM is unjustifiable by any stretch of the (my) imagination given their close performance, and that puts them immediately out of consideration. Unless I had a lot of money. Which I do not.

200w (1).gif

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #717 of 813
There will be a delay in shipping to che15 (sorry che). The reason being there was something wrong with the tia fourte. I've alerted Barra and he contacted 64 audio.

The guys from 64 audio requested to send it In for repair.

I'l try to keep everyone posted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back