TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Nov 17, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #421 of 813
When will the madness end?
64 Audio Tia Fourte 06.jpg

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #422 of 813
Barra,

I am grateful that you organized this tour. Thank you so much.

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #423 of 813
Nov 17, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #424 of 813
I’m hoping shipping times aren’t too bad knowing the holidays coming up. Could take like 2-3 months to get them after ordering.

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #425 of 813
Barra,

I am grateful that you organized this tour. Thank you so much.
No problem, hopefully I didn't get too many people in trouble. :)

Nov 17, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #427 of 813
So have most people preferred the U18 Tzar or the Fourte?

For me it's the Fourte. The A18 is an excellent headphone for sure, but most of the time I'm reaching for the Fourte.

Regardless of which one I am listening to this thought often crosses my mind: "Wow, I can't quite believe I get to listen to these!"

That thought/feeling is just stronger with the Fourte.

My thought is it really comes down to personal preference, the gear you drive them with, and the types of music you listen to.

If you gave some insight along these lines you will likely get worthwhile feedback.

Also, if you are in the USA you can still get in on the Demo Tour and try them yourself.

Nov 17, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #428 of 813
For me it's the Fourte. The A18 is an excellent headphone for sure, but most of the time I'm reaching for the Fourte.

Regardless of which one I am listening to this thought often crosses my mind: "Wow, I can't quite believe I get to listen to these!"

That thought/feeling is just stronger with the Fourte.

My thought is it really comes down to personal preference, the gear you drive them with, and the types of music you listen to.

If you gave some insight along these lines you will likely get worthwhile feedback.

Also, if you are in the USA you can still get in on the Demo Tour and try them yourself.

I actually received both to demo today (outside of this tour), i am in LOVE with the Fourte. It is truly awesome and I struggle to find any flaws. Unfortunately my U18 demo has some distortion in the right ear piece so I can't really listen to it. That being said, the fit on the U18 for me was slightly awkward so I'm not even sure I would have liked them anyways.

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #429 of 813
I actually received both to demo today (outside of this tour), i am in LOVE with the Fourte. It is truly awesome and I struggle to find any flaws. Unfortunately my U18 demo has some distortion in the right ear piece so I can't really listen to it. That being said, the fit on the U18 for me was slightly awkward so I'm not even sure I would have liked them anyways.

Nice! (but not surprising)

Looking forward to your thoughts after further listening.

FWIW, myself and a few others have found the Fourte treble and imaging is best when they are more deeply inserted. I went from the large tips I use with all other IEMs to a medium tip.

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #430 of 813
Nice! (but not surprising)

Looking forward to your thoughts after further listening.

FWIW, myself and a few others have found the Fourte treble and imaging is best when they are more deeply inserted. I went from the large tips I use with all other IEMs to a medium tip.

Both of my ears use the small tips so I don't think I can do anything else with regards to that. XD

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #431 of 813
Wondering why aren’t both modules (15/20) included when you purchase these at this price... just seems like a way to nickle and dime someone...

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #432 of 813
Wondering why aren’t both modules (15/20) included when you purchase these at this price... just seems like a way to nickle and dime someone...

Taken from the 64 Audio site:

"
  • apex m15 Module
  • Shirt Clip
  • Dehumidifier
  • apex m20 Module
  • Round Sticker
  • Cleaning Tool
  • 64 Audio Personalized Protective Case"
Those are listed as included accessories.

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #433 of 813
Taken from the 64 Audio site:

"
  • apex m15 Module
  • Shirt Clip
  • Dehumidifier
  • apex m20 Module
  • Round Sticker
  • Cleaning Tool
  • 64 Audio Personalized Protective Case"
Those are listed as included accessories.

Sweeeeeeet I read it wrong. So both modules are included.. even more happy now..

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #434 of 813
Both are just that good, can’t pick one... maybe buy both... decisions.... I need to sleep on this and possibly meditate some before I decide lol

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #435 of 813
I much preferred the Tzar, (impressions pending). The treble was just too much with the Fourte for me.

However, some have said they prefer them with foam tips and I'm thinking I might have enjoyed them a little more that way? Kinda wished I would have tried that but on the other hand, I do not at all like the inconvenience of foam tips, and all I used for tips is my preference for Spin Fits.

I am just about ready to pull the trigger for the Tzars. Looking forward for that “out-of-this-world depth and soundstage”!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back