64 Audio U8 or Campfire Audio Vega
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

buymesomeheadphones

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a universal IEM that's bassy but still preserves the mids. I do understand that higher amounts of bass typically diminish mids. The Campfire Vegas and U8's seem to get mentioned a whole lot for mid/high-fi bass IEM's.

For the last 5 years I've gravitated towards a pair of HD600's for nearly all my listening. Relatively recently, I've switched over to a pair a LCD-2's as my main-squeeze due to their bass reproduction. I've found myself craving more and more bass. I want something really fun and bassy, but with a midrange that wouldn't offend me.

The dynamic driver of the Vegas produce more bass impact/quantity/extension/prettymucheverythingbass when compared to the U8's balanced armatures. The U8 possess a more well-rounded, less bassy (but still bassy) sound profile. While I've heard the Vegas referred to as a "one-trick pony".

I'm leaning towards the more bassy Vegas under the assumption that the mids and highs are not utter trash compared to the U8's. I know the U8's excel in the non-bass categories compared to the Vegas, but do the Vegas still present passable/adequate mids and highs for a high end IEM?

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 2
The mids of Vega might be a little recessed - This is my personal finding.
I find Atlas is more balanced as compared to Vega. Can consider that model too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back