634EARS: Impressions, Discussions, and Appreciations Thread
Dec 21, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #541 of 686
Just ordered on my local shop Miroak ii Stabilized Wood, the music plays beautifully, the mid is warm and lush, the upper mid is not shouty. The bass has good punch and rumbles. The treble is lil bit dark but has energy and bite. Soundstage is not very wide or narrow but it has nice depth and for imaging, you can point the instrument plays.

Miroak ii + HiBy R6 Pro 21000015331.jpg
Congrats, great looking colour on the stabilised wood.

Dec 21, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #542 of 686
I think you can maybe email and ask Musashi-san if there is anywhere to demo.

Going by his Instagram post, maybe Fujia Avic, since they are carrying the Japan only limited edition Miroak II.
Yes but consider it has a different tuning from our Miroak
https://www.fujiya-avic.co.jp/shop/g/g200000067769/

I translated japanese page here below

A limited edition of MIROAKII that has increased hardness and strength by changing part of the rear casing from resin to stainless steel and changing the material of the resin part from ABS to resin material. balanced sound
MIROAK-II Japan Limited was born as a limited edition of MIROAKII, which was developed as 634ears' MIROAK series.

MIROAK-II is the new successor to his MIROAK. The casing uses metal, resin, and wood for the back panel, and while it inherits the unique ease of listening and the lineage of his LOAK, which uses a higher-end model metal shell, the casing design and sound trends have changed significantly. It has been renewed as a different model. I think this is a model that produces a good amount of bass and allows you to enjoy the powerful dynamic feel.

The changes from his normal MIROAKII are as follows:
- The rear casing (body part) has been changed from his ABS resin to resin.
- Part of the rear housing (back part) has been changed to stainless steel.
- Driver tuning changes.
- The wood on the back of the case has been changed to African Paduk (fixed).

Part of the rear case has been changed from resin to stainless steel, and the material of the resin part has been changed from ABS to resin material, increasing hardness and strength.

ABS has a shape that easily distorts (easily warps and bends), so the diaphragm is moved greatly to reproduce rich mid-bass, but by changing to resin material and stainless steel, the shape has become harder and less distorted. The response of the diaphragm is fast and tight.
However, this would result in a typical sharp, hard, and slim sound, so we changed the tuning of the dynamic driver part to create a thick, powerful sound like the MIROAK-II, which is the base, and a tight, contoured sound. I'm balancing.

In addition, the pressure applied to the driver and the inside of the front casing is reduced to give it a looser feel than MIROAK-II, and by using African paduk for the wood part, it has the unique hardness of this wood and the moderately low density of the wood. It reproduces a bright and light tone consisting of roughness.

Originally, his MIROAK-II had a slightly darker tone, a closed-in feel, and a voluminous, rich mid-low range. It was. This limited edition of his MIROAK-II (JAPAN) has been improved in that area, and although the low and lowest frequencies are a little weaker, the overall sound is well-balanced, including brightness, openness, and lightness.

Wood details​

MIROAK-II's tone can be changed by changing the back panel. MIROAK-II Japan Limited has adopted African Paduk. African Paduk is a wood that is characterized by its hardness and vermilion color, but its density is relatively low (coarse) compared to the wood often used in 634EARS.
Hard wood makes the shape of the entire rear casing less susceptible to distortion (ease of bending and bending), making the movement of the diaphragm tighter and sharper.
However, if the density is low (compared to other woods used in the 634EAR), the air compressed by the movement of the diaphragm inside the rear casing will enter the porous wood section (which means it will be absorbed). ), the air that is compressed and repelled becomes slightly weaker. In this case, the movement of the diaphragm becomes a little gentler, which tends to produce a sound that is not too sharp and has suppressed peaks. I think this is the so-called "wood-like sound."

What is 634ears?​

Launched as a private brand by Musashi Saita. Our policy is to create sounds that allow people to enjoy "music" rather than listening to them analytically, and we are releasing products based on dynamic driver models as the optimal solution. His approach to thoroughly pursuing the properties and characteristics of the materials used for the housing and reflecting them in sound making is noteworthy.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #543 of 686
Waiting for impressions
Hi, sorry for late reply, but i listen Miroak II only 3-4 times because i got too many sets on loan to test and many new purchases also.
Miroak II has a fantastic pleasant bass, i like it with every sources i plugged, from DC03 pro to DX320X or N7 also, i'd try it with RU6 asap.
Mids are bodied due too its midbass presence and upper mids are smooth but never smeared or harsh, it has a good mix of technical abilities and musicality, Miroak II Purpleheart has a great value for money.
It's not a treblehead iems but, nor focused on airy highs, it's more on natural/musical side with a touch of warmth on midbass.

I think the Miroak II should be more comfortable seeing that the body is ABS compared to the Loaks and og Miroak.
I find Loak TCL easier to dress because of its shape, but i've not fit issue with Miroak II neither

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #544 of 686
So I have received my LP03. Still on the burning process. I'm not the best person to describe its sound and all I can say is it is really good. It's the most "analogue" sounding IEM I've ever heard to date. It surpasses my Penon Serial in terms of analog sounding. It's also so "natural" / "organic" or whatever it's called. I'm baffled how realistic it sound. You can hear the "roughness" of the music, but it adds to the overall charm and makes listening a truly enjoyable experience. Maybe its the brass? Anyway, I think others would give a better impression once they receive their unit. The initial impression of @Ace Bee a few pages back is really helpful and accurate.

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #545 of 686
LOAK PROTOTYPE01 is here.
My first set. Blown away.
BB3CEE42-8D3D-4778-B90C-F531BDD1B88F.jpeg

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #548 of 686
Was able to spend a day with the the LOAK T (CL) and Miroak II

Both of these surprise me quite appealing tuning,each one has it's flavor but with all the right attributes.

Kept the stock cable as I think it is the right pairing. Also finally stock tips work very well and defaulted to these.

Will keep listening over the weekend.

1000000794.jpg

Miroak II

1000000790.jpg

1000000789.jpg

Loak

1000000791.jpg

1000000792.jpg

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #549 of 686
Was able to spend a day with the the LOAK T (CL) and Miroak II

Both of these surprise me quite appealing tuning,each one has it's flavor but with all the right attributes.

Kept the stock cable as I think it is the right pairing. Also finally stock tips work very well and defaulted to these.

Will keep listening over the weekend.

1000000794.jpg

Miroak II

1000000790.jpg
1000000789.jpg

Loak

1000000791.jpg

1000000792.jpg
Congrats on your purchases. what wood was used for both?

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #552 of 686
Spent some further time with Miroak and Loak

Some simple take aways

Miroak is warmer and narrower feeling than Loak

With songs like Kill Jill Big Boi, Sexual Healing Marvin Gaye and Please do not go Violent Femmes felt a stronger sub bass on the Miroak with Loak feeling that it covered a broader range of the bass region.

Found this after keeping stock tips on Loak but using the old Spin Fit 360 yellow and this was due to nozzle angle . See pics

Mids with Wild Horses Rolling Stones and Fool in the rain Led Zeppelin the Loak felt wider in sound with good details or texture (?) Vs Miroak narrow or more intimate take.

Highs
Kill Jill Big Boi intro Little Feat Dixie Chicken Live in London. The voice and pianos and trumpets had more detail and energy coming across

Loak felt focused on Mids and High with good bass vs stronger bass for Miroak with still good Mids and Highs but not Loak

These are just some preliminary thoughts

Miroak on the left
1000000800.jpg

1000000801.jpg

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #553 of 686

Some simple take aways

With songs like Kill Jill Big Boi, Sexual Healing Marvin Gaye and Please do not go Violent Femmes felt a stronger sub bass on the Miroak with Loak feeling that it covered a broader range of the bass region.

Found this after keeping stock tips on Loak but using the old Spin Fit 360 yellow and this was due to nozzle angle . See pics

Mids with Wild Horses Rolling Stones and Fool in the rain Led Zeppelin the Loak felt wider in sound with good details or texture (?) Vs Miroak narrow or more intimate take.

Highs
Kill Jill Big Boi intro Little Feat Dixie Chicken Live in London. The voice and pianos and trumpets had more detail and energy coming across

Loak felt focused on Mids and High with good bass vs stronger bass for Miroak with still good Mids and Highs but not Loak

Miroak on the left
1000000800.jpg

1000000801.jpg
pretty accurate impressions on both.

My LP01 Snakewood should arrive next week, I can't wait.

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #554 of 686

Some simple take aways

Highs

Miroak on the left
1000000800.jpg

1000000801.jpg
Thanks for this, very interesting comparison. I haven't tried the LOAK, but your description of the Miroak definitely sounds similar to mine, although I have the Japan Limited edition.

I will admit that I tried many iems over several months, including well known names like Volur, IER-Z1R, IE900 ... and was not satisfied with any of them as a 2nd pair to go with my u12t until I tried the Miroak. They are exactly what I was hoping to find. It's such a fantastic set and I'm looking forward to checking out the LOAK and others (if there are any?) when available.

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #555 of 686

FYI

LOAK-PROTOTYPE’s Future.​

Concerning LOAK-PROTOTYPE, which features a titanium 3D-printed housing, it hasn’t been on the market for a long time, but as I progressed with its production, a significant issue emerged. I am currently considering whether to continue producing this model or to stop accepting orders for it at a suitable point in our housing inventory, although this decision won’t be immediate. Let me explain the background of this decision.

Instability in Titanium Output through 3D Printing​

The issue lies in the lack of stability in the accuracy of titanium housings produced through 3D printing. In comparison to CNC machining, 3D printing introduces subtle size discrepancies, and the outputted housings often exhibit imperfections such as blemishes and irregularities, resulting in only about 50% of the produced housings being usable. The remaining 50% fails to meet the required standards, showing deviations like loss of circularity, blemishes, and irregular layering patterns.
Addressing this requires adjustments in the design phase, such as increasing the thickness of the housing or minimizing abrupt curves. However, after several tests, it became apparent that increasing the housing thickness has limits, especially considering its impact on sound quality. Even with streamlined designs, issues like irregular layering patterns persist, and attempting to polish these patterns introduces size discrepancies.
As a result, I am currently only using the housings that have been successfully printed, leading to a significantly low yield.

Cost-related Challenges​

Originally, I anticipated a 20-30% loss during the testing phase for titanium housings produced through 3D printing, and I priced the product accordingly. However, the actual losses in mass production exceeded the initial estimates. The current average rejection rate is around 50%, creating a considerable strain on profits and negatively affecting overall business operations.

Philosophy of Craftsmanship​

From the perspective of someone involved in the craftsmanship of creating earphones, producing a product where half of it is unusable is not ideal, even if the other half is profitable. Especially when dealing with the precious material that is titanium, it raises questions about the sustainability of manufacturing when 50% of it goes to waste. In my view, transitioning to a method that eliminates unnecessary waste and achieves a 100% utilization rate is a more sensible approach.

Interruption of LOAK-PROTOTYPE Orders (Planned)​

Due to the reasons mentioned earlier, I am considering stopping orders for LOAK-PROTOTYPE in the near future. The decision not to start lending trial units of these models in Japan was also based on this situation. Even if they sell well now, it would actually be inconvenient for me, so I refrained from lending trial units.
Since I still have housing inventory (though not extensive), I will use them efficiently. Therefore, LOAK-PROTOTYPE can still be produced for the time being. If the inventory runs out and there is a strong desire to make more, it might be possible, but the price would likely increase significantly.

LOAK2Titanium Model as an Alternative​

With the discontinuation of the LOAK-PROTOTYPE model, there will be no earphones with titanium bodies. However, I have already begun testing a model that will serve as a replacement.
This new model will feature titanium housings created through CNC machining instead of 3D printing. CNC machining, even with multi-axis processing, is limited in creating complex shapes due to cost considerations. As a result, parts like the MMCX section on the LOAK2 model will likely be made of resin.
The housings are already finished, and although the price is quite high, I am arranging production with a facility capable of CNC machining titanium. However, there is a concern related to sound.
While CNC-machined titanium housings are structurally similar to regular titanium, they differ slightly in properties from 3D-printed titanium housings. 3D-printed titanium, as requested by 634EARS, is harder than regular titanium. Hardness in this context means that it maintains its shape without warping. In other words, 3D-printed titanium is less prone to distortion and quickly rebounds the compression of air around the diaphragm, resulting in a tight and crisp sound. On the other hand, CNC-machined titanium is more prone to distortion and has greater strength (meaning it is more likely to bend or flex), which means it might allow the diaphragm to move more freely, potentially altering the sound output from the driver.
While this is speculative until further testing is done, considering the characteristics of the materials, it can be expected that 3D-printed titanium would offer a tight and sharp sound with clear contours, resolution, and focus. In contrast, CNC-machined titanium might provide a broader, more powerful sound.
In conclusion, the future of LOAK-PROTOTYPE production is not yet confirmed, but based on the current situation, it seems challenging to continue. For those who have already purchased LOAK-PROTOTYPE, the sound may be better than that of the alternative model, but the build quality as a product will differ. I intend to accommodate those who wish to exchange their units.
While this is currently a somewhat vague discussion, it is the plan for LOAK-PROTOTYPE to be discontinued in the near future. I will provide further details as soon as they become available.

1705972458852.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back