634EARS: Impressions, Discussions, and Appreciations Thread
Nov 3, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #511 of 726
I have been using also some Effect Audio Signature cables in 8W, can copy over a part from a review.

And I must say, the original cable is actually very good also.
I agree with that. I tried a few different cables like Eros1, MeetAlice etc. but somehow the stock cable gives me the most balanced sound with any source. It’s also convenient to have some real use of the pocket friendly case….

Nov 7, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #512 of 726
NICEHCK OurLaura just came in the mail yesterday. Hugely surprised how good it sounded out of the box with 634 Ears BSB & TC
The last few cables (DualDragon, AceOrpheus & CoaxialSir Ultra) I got from them have all been excellent

62b0007e-d486-464f-881b-8a1c4ab1482f.jpg

Nov 11, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #513 of 726
Been into my over-ear lately (ATH-AWKT, two mildly but differently mod'd T50RP 50th Anniversary and mod'd NDH 30) and just now put in my custom tuned LOAK-T(OP) with SednaEarfitLight (S) shoved deep and well coupled into my ear. I'm reminded on how good they are and how it's sound/tuning transitioned and translated well from the way my HPs sound. No weirdness or far sound departure.
IMG_5965.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #514 of 726
My Miroak II is on the way, can't wait to try it! :D

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #515 of 726
IMG_9849.jpeg

Been on hiatus for a while but finally got to join the club with Miroak-II. These have very nice timbre.

I’ve long had a thing for single DDs and woody IEMs and headphones. Should I have chosen a nice tonewood like cocobolo or padauk? Maybe, but I saw the blue copper and it was lust. Still I don’t think it will be my last from 634ears so maybe next time I’ll be sensible.

J/k, I think metal wasn’t at all a bad choice since this DD has good transients and texture all the way down to the sub bass. The amount of sub bass varies with source - for instance N7 produces a healthy rumble, thump and roar while R6P2 gives a more balanced response.

I’ve noticed that they are very tip and seal dependent. Never mind even if you can hear ample bass - if the mids sound in the least honky or timbrally off (they are not), chances are the seal or insertion isn’t quite right.

Stock tips didn’t fit me at all as I needed longer nozzles with these shells.

Tips of choice so far are the long-stemmed Sednaearfit light (most natural timbre), inverted ePros, Eletech Baroque (most comfortable, slightly more treble and less bass) and Penon Orange (though that is almost unobtainum at the moment unless you already have them). Runners-up Divinus and Coreir.

The copper Miroak-II’s highs are apparently supposed to be a little more subdued but they don’t come across as significantly rolled off to me, just maybe not as present (and I have to have my treble for air, shimmer, presence and whatnot, so if I’m not complaining it can’t be bad at all).

Tl;dr - really digging them.

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #516 of 726
IMG_9849.jpeg

Been on hiatus for a while but finally got to join the club with Miroak-II. These have very nice timbre.

I’ve long had a thing for single DDs and woody IEMs and headphones. Should I have chosen a nice tonewood like cocobolo or padauk? Maybe, but I saw the blue copper and it was lust. Still I don’t think it will be my last from 634ears so maybe next time I’ll be sensible.

J/k, I think metal wasn’t at all a bad choice since this DD has good transients and texture all the way down to the sub bass. The amount of sub bass varies with source - for instance N7 produces a healthy rumble, thump and roar while R6P2 gives a more balanced response.

I’ve noticed that they are very tip and seal dependent. Never mind even if you can hear ample bass - if the mids sound in the least honky or timbrally off (they are not), chances are the seal or insertion isn’t quite right.

Tips of choice so far are the long-stemmed Sednaearfit light (most natural timbre), inverted ePros, Eletech Baroque (most comfortable, slightly more treble and less bass) and Penon Orange (though that is almost unobtainum at the moment unless you already have them). Runners-up Divinus and Coreir.

The copper Miroak-II’s highs are apparently supposed to be a little more subdued but they don’t come across as significantly rolled off to me, just maybe not as present (and I have to have my treble for air, shimmer, presence and whatnot, so if I’m not complaining it can’t be bad at all).

Look beautiful, I was very torn on getting wood over blue copper. As I love the look, I will get another 634ears and then it will be blue 💙

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #517 of 726
IMG_9849.jpeg

Congrats I had same doubts as yours when I chose my Miroak II but I ended buying a Purpleheart Finishing, next time il chose Brass or Copper 🤭

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #518 of 726
I don’t think it will be my last from 634ears so maybe next time I’ll be sensible.

Tips of choice so far are the long-stemmed Sednaearfit light (most natural timbre)

I'm pretty sure it won't be your first if their sound agrees with you. SARN II was my entry to 634ears, an idea of what their house sound would be. Liked it as it's very organic. Liked it so much that I ordered another pair before getting into LOAK.

They are indeed very sensitive to tip and seal. I tend to fiddle with them until I get that perfect fit, seal and feel. Because I only use one kind/type of tip I don't fiddle them to fit good as I already know how the feel is to know that "that's the perfect fit" lol.

I only use Sednaearfitlight too for the same reason. Nothing is thrown to whack with tighter sub/bass making it play well into the mids, musically neutral and controlled like a sealed subwoofer.

The good thing about 634ears is you have the option to get your pair serviced/retuned/redone/traded-in.

Can't wait to see what your next 634 would be (I say get cocobolo)

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #519 of 726
Look beautiful, I was very torn on getting wood over blue copper. As I love the look, I will get another 634ears and then it will be blue 💙

Your cocobolo was one big reason why I second guessed my choice so much before pulling the trigger!

Congrats I had same doubts as yours when I chose my Miroak II but I ended buying a Purpleheart Finishing, next time il chose Brass or Copper 🤭

Looking forward to your impressions with the Purpleheart. Looks like a fascinating tonewood and one I’ve entertained getting as well.

I'm pretty sure it won't be your first if their sound agrees with you. SARN II was my entry to 634ears, an idea of what their house sound would be. Liked it as it's very organic. Liked it so much that I ordered another pair before getting into LOAK.

Can't wait to see what your next 634 would be (I say get cocobolo)

I’m quite sure there’s a cocobolo in my future, just no idea what else will come between it first (or after). I suspect this is the reason why we’ll never have only one 634ears. Well played, Musashi-san.

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #520 of 726
IMG_9849.jpeg

Congrats. Still waiting for my LP01 Snakewood. Will see how that goes, tempted to get the Loak2 with Granadillo or Brazilian Tulipwood.

Nov 23, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #521 of 726
Here we are!!!!😍
Unboxing

IMG_9464.jpeg

IMG_9465.jpeg

IMG_9467.jpeg

IMG_9468.jpeg

IMG_9469.jpeg

IMG_9470.jpeg

IMG_9471.jpeg

IMG_9473.jpeg

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #523 of 726
I frankly cannot wait for my LOAK2CL Blue Copper. The suspense is killing me. But I know I will be rewarded big time as well. Musashi san is sick, so he cannot hasten the process. Let's hope good things will come to me because I am waiting...

Nov 24, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #525 of 726
Hello all! I am thinking of placing an order and wanted to ask for the experts’ opinion. I reached out to 634ears on IG but I haven’t received a reply.
My sound preference would be detailed, no bass emphasis , reference sound with large sound stage. Would a LOAK II be better than Prototype 01? I would assume open as opposed to closed?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back