60th Anniversary Edition Audio-Technica AT-LP2022 Turntable Now on Apos
Nov 9, 2022 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10
Hi all,

We are ecstatic to announce that we are now selling the Audio-Technica AT-LP2022 Turntable at Apos Audio. This limited-edition turntable celebrates Audio-Technica’s rich 60-year history of design, engineering, and audio excellence. This is a limited production run with a very restricted amount of units given to each retailer. All orders for this Limited Edition turntable will ship on or before March 2023.

With a limited-edition Shibata stylus and carbon-fiber tonearm, the AT-LP2022 can pick up ultra-high frequencies, allowing you to discover sound like you’ve never heard before. A stylish 30 mm-thick, high-density clear acrylic chassis reduces resonance and reveals the belt-drive motor – highlighting the turntable’s pure analog sound.

Here is our blog announcement for the turntable: https://apos.audio/blogs/news/buy-t...lly-manual-belt-drive-turntable-at-apos-audio. You can see all the specs of this magnificent turntable on our product page: https://apos.audio/products/audio-technica-at-lp2022-turntable.

Attachments

• Audio-Technica AT-LP2022 Turntable.jpg
    Audio-Technica AT-LP2022 Turntable.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 0
Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Nov 10, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 10
Just saw the price of this beautiful looking turntable and was surprised that it was not a lot more expensive than its roughly $1200 retail price. If it sounds as good as it looks it'll be a bargain at the price!

Nov 10, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 10
Hi all,

We are ecstatic to announce that we are now selling the Audio-Technica AT-LP2022 Turntable at Apos Audio. This limited-edition turntable celebrates Audio-Technica’s rich 60-year history of design, engineering, and audio excellence. This is a limited production run with a very restricted amount of units given to each retailer. All orders for this Limited Edition turntable will ship on or before March 2023.

With a limited-edition Shibata stylus and carbon-fiber tonearm, the AT-LP2022 can pick up ultra-high frequencies, allowing you to discover sound like you’ve never heard before. A stylish 30 mm-thick, high-density clear acrylic chassis reduces resonance and reveals the belt-drive motor – highlighting the turntable’s pure analog sound.

Here is our blog announcement for the turntable: https://apos.audio/blogs/news/buy-t...lly-manual-belt-drive-turntable-at-apos-audio. You can see all the specs of this magnificent turntable on our product page: https://apos.audio/products/audio-technica-at-lp2022-turntable.
Very interesting features for the price; two different cartridges included, one of them is even a special edition with a shibata stylus, adjustable feet, speed sensor, belt driven with speed selector and VTA adjustment among other things. Hopefully this turntable will set the new standard for the price range.

Jan 19, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 10
I received mine shortly after Christmas. The quality is exceptional! I could not believe how well everything was put together. In my opinion, it should be at least $2500 not $1200. It sounds fantastic as well. With the supplied MM cartridge, it already sounds as good as my Yggy. Not as detailed, but more 3d. The soundstage is dead on. I'm waiting for a $1500 MC cartridge to use with this turntable. I think this deck will handle it just fine. It's sold out on most places, but I believe some dealers will receive the final shipment in January. So, it's not too late if you want to it.

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #5 of 10
I received mine shortly after Christmas. The quality is exceptional! I could not believe how well everything was put together. In my opinion, it should be at least $2500 not $1200. It sounds fantastic as well. With the supplied MM cartridge, it already sounds as good as my Yggy. Not as detailed, but more 3d. The soundstage is dead on. I'm waiting for a $1500 MC cartridge to use with this turntable. I think this deck will handle it just fine. It's sold out on most places, but I believe some dealers will receive the final shipment in January. So, it's not too late if you want to it.
I bought one which just arrived. It is my first turntable.
Any guidance on cartridges that are compatible with this?
I thought perhaps it was only compatible with the AT-VM95 series but seems like that isn’t the case. Any help would be appreciated.

Feb 6, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #6 of 10
I bought one which just arrived. It is my first turntable.
Any guidance on cartridges that are compatible with this?
I thought perhaps it was only compatible with the AT-VM95 series but seems like that isn’t the case. Any help would be appreciated.
Congrats! The included cart is pretty good. But, it gets better when you swap the needed with the included one (one with the clear case). Swapping the needle is very easy but I recommend you to change it after everything is set up if you are new to a turntable. Other than that, you will need a separate Phono preamp unlike other AT turntables. And, I recommend not to use the included cables - I think it makes everything sounds like a cotton candy. :) I'm only using the ground part of that cable.

When you are ready to upgrade the cartridge, you must check how high it sits because AT decks do not have a vertical adjustment - most carts are in the range but there are some really tall ones. Also, nothing too heavy because AT tonearm has a limited range of support for the weight - again most works as long as it's not super heavy. The included separate needle in the package, I believe it's worth a $150-200 bucks by itself. So, no need to change to another $300-500 MM cartridge in my opinion. I think my next stop will be a MC cartridge around $800-1500 range. But, I think this deck can support up to $3,000 cartridge.

*Correction. AT-LP2022LP does have VTA or the tonearm height adjustment. I overlooked it before.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #7 of 10
Congrats! The included cart is pretty good. But, it gets better when you swap the needed with the included one (one with the clear case). Swapping the needle is very easy but I recommend you to change it after everything is set up if you are new to a turntable. Other than that, you will need a separate Phono preamp unlike other AT turntables. And, I recommend not to use the included cables - I think it makes everything sounds like a cotton candy. :) I'm only using the ground part of that cable.

When you are ready to upgrade the cartridge, you must check how high it sits because AT decks do not have a vertical adjustment - most carts are in the range but there are some really tall ones. Also, nothing too heavy because AT tonearm has a limited range of support for the weight - again most works as long as it's not super heavy. The included separate needle in the package, I believe it's worth a $150-200 bucks by itself. So, no need to change to another $300-500 MM cartridge in my opinion. I think my next stop will be a MC cartridge around $800-1500 range. But, I think this deck can support up to $3,000 cartridge.
Do you think that the Ortofon quintet black MC would be a good match in terms of compatibility?

Feb 6, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 10
Do you think that the Ortofon quintet black MC would be a good match in terms of compatibility?
I never had any Ortofon cartridge myself, but I don't think you can go wrong that brand. I think it is a bit taller than AT ones, but I don't think you will have any problem.

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 10
I never had any Ortofon cartridge myself, but I don't think you can go wrong that brand. I think it is a bit taller than AT ones, but I don't think you will have any problem.
Audio-technica’s site mentions that the AT-LP2022 has VTA adjustment. Wouldn’t that help in order to fit taller cartridges?

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #10 of 10
Audio-technica’s site mentions that the AT-LP2022 has VTA adjustment. Wouldn’t that help in order to fit taller cartridges?
You are right! I thought it was a false marketing because I just didn't see how it can be adjusted. I checked the manual again and found this. #6 can adjust the height. I will edit my previous comments not to confuse other people.

1675786300892.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back