60GB X5 ETA? Another question too...
Jun 17, 2005 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jeffreybar

100+ Head-Fier
So, finally, after over two months of struggling with Mack Camera to get them to fulfill the obligations of their extended warranty, they're giving me a check for 75% of what I paid for my iHP-140. They won't send me a new iHP-140 (which is all I really want), and it looks like it's going to be a pain to find one online, since they're discontinued. I thought about getting a H340, but I think it's kinda ugly, and it won't work with Rockbox, so I'm a little conflicted on that...

The X5 sounds like it might be up my alley, but I need at least 40GB of storage. Any ideas when the 60GB version will be out?

Other than that, is there another 40GB+ player out there which fulfills my criteria? Here they are:

-1.8" drive (no 2.5" behemoths)
-Voice Recording capabilities
-File-Tree Organization
-Good, *present*, musical sound (I very much liked the sound of the iRiver, by contrast, I dislike the iPod Photo's rather thin, unmusical presentation)

Any thoughts? The Gigabeat might be an option, although there's no voice recording...the X5 sounds like the best bet, but 30GB just won't cut it.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jun 17, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 2
there's a 40GB version of the iAudio M3. that fits what you want. but it does require using a lcd remote

the 60GB X5 should be out in a couple of months though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back