60GB Nomads on Ebay
Apr 2, 2003 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fenster

100+ Head-Fier
Was wondering if anyone here had any specific feedback concerning these "upgraded" jukeboxes on ebay. Someone (or some company) is installing 60 gig hard drives (I'm assuming laptop drives?) in the Creative Nomad Jukebox III and the Nomad Zen and selling them on ebay.

Anyone bought one of these? Or know someone that has bought one of these? The idea of having a 60 gig nomad is tempting, but I'd like to know if these items are reliable first.

Apr 2, 2003 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 6
check out www.nomadness.net
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks guys. The seller did have good feeback and it looks like he's sold an awful lot of these things on ebay, so obviously he's doing something right.

Apr 3, 2003 at 6:04 AM Post #5 of 6
you can do it yourself, really easy. the nomad players have built in ROM firmware. swap the drive, boot the maintance menu, reformat the drive, download the latest firmware and update the player. voids the warantee but where else you gonna get a 60gb portable??? Note the Nomads have an 8k - 10k limit on the number of songs the player can database, depending on the amount of ID3 tag data. Even so the rest of the space can be used to store data. lots of good info about this at nomadness.net

Apr 3, 2003 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 6
the one thing i remember hearing was a change in speed. The 60GB has slower access and boot times, but that makes sense. I am unsure of the battery usage though,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back