-
Apr 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #16 of 35
The VTX4 has only one balanced XLR plug so i think he needs to connect them with the sub with XLR's..
Hey man why don't you get the RP6's instead and get over with..
You will have a very descent pair of speakers,better from the 5's and technically they have lower bass response and more bass quantity compared to RP5's and VTX4's..

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #17 of 35

Quote:
Here are a few monitors I found from a Norwegian site:

Mackie MR5mk2 pair for $450 (this is a deal apparently)
Adam A3X pair for $870
KRK Rokit RP6G2 pair for $610
KRK Rokit RP5 G2 pair for $430
Yamaha HS80M pair for $800
KRK VXT 4 pair for $870

Anything good there?

Say I get the DAC Destroyer, in what way should I connect it to the PC? GarfLeonard mentioned a high-speed USB hub?

You would just plug the DAC Destroyer into the USB port(s) on your computer.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 35
How about spending $500 on a good used AV receiver and a two used tower speakers.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #19 of 35

Quote:
How about spending $500 on a good used AV receiver and a two used tower speakers.

I think he is confused after this...
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #20 of 35
Hi Urinator.. Hei hei og hallo!!

First post here!

I just got a NAD T743 av receiver and a pair of B&W dm601 s3 speakers for 1000 kr off finn.no today. Thats for my PC. For games, movies but most importantly my music. Thats where I like to have best sound...

I have it going straight from my Xtremegamer audiocard to the NAD..

Havent had time to listen to it yet, but should be good.. I am going to get a new soundcard and a sub later.. You know, june, when all Norwegians get there taxmoney and hollyday money and are rich for a day.. :)

Try the second hand marked in Norway.. Too much mony here these days, and alot of good deals...

I think thats the best for you my friend!! It shouldnt sound half bad.. Then you can upgrade with DAC, subs etc. if you feel the need later...

With your budget you should get some GOOD sound going... And all the cool brands are out there.. At least I had the luxury of having a lot to choose from today! And that was only in Oslo I searched, on a small 1000 - 1500 kr budget.. Add the rest of the country and you got a HIFI second hand mall...

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #21 of 35
The airmotiv monitors are a substantial value: http://emotivapro.com/products/powered_monitors/
The Adams monitors are a safe choice too.
I would stick with powered speakers, they save a lot of space.

May 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #25 of 35
Υοu can't connect the Detroyer with the VTX4..
You'll need a Dac with balanced connections and the Destroyer has unbalanced.
Αs for the Mini-I you must select 220-240V.

May 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #27 of 35
RP6 only come with power cables and a cleaning cloth, I think the matrix only comes with power cable and a USB. If you want to run balanced which I am assuming you do just get a pair of XLR cables. Amazon has some cheap ones... or you could make your own which was a fun for me.

May 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:
RP6 only come with power cables and a cleaning cloth, I think the matrix only comes with power cable and a USB. If you want to run balanced which I am assuming you do just get a pair of XLR cables. Amazon has some cheap ones... or you could make your own which was a fun for me.

Excellent choice...
The RP6's are damn good speakers with amazing imaging..
You should buy a pair of XLR's as stated above,no big deal.
And keep us noted with your impressions when you receive your setup..
One last thing i've forgot to tell you is to GET a pair of Mopads for your speakers..

May 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #30 of 35
Anytime man...
wink_face.gif

Oh so you've ordered the bundle after all?
Nice,the pads will prevent your desk from shaking and make the bass more controlled and tighter..
If you have already ordered the bundle then contact them and tell them to add the XLR's to your main order..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back