600s and 880s
Apr 18, 2004 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hosj321syd

New Head-Fier
Hey

I own a pair of Senn 600s and i was thinking of selling them or trading them. I was thinking of purchasing or trading for a pair of beyer 880s. I would like to know if this trade would be good? I listen to mostly jazz, classical, reggae, and some classical rock(mostly pink floyd). What would some good cans for this music and would a trade for trade for the 600s and 880s be a good move?

Apr 19, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 6
Welcome to Head-fi!
Deja vu, I could sw*$r I saw couple of posting in just last few hours asking similar stuffs. This has been discussed and currrently being discussed in following URL,
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69250
Please read on and let us know if you have any further question!
-Mike

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:10 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm interested in your question & it's answers. I also have some hd600's, I won't be trading them off however, but am considering adding some dt 880's to the collection (or maybe something else from the Beyer line-up). So would be interested in anyones input, as to whether this is worthwhile, or not.

- augustwest

Apr 19, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 6
I would recommend against buying DT880s unless you've directly compared the HD600s to DT880s in a completely controlled environment yourself for an extended period of time. If one headphone sounds better then go with that one. Otherwise it's guesswork and you may not be very happy with the results of a blind purchase. I find the HD600s to sound better than the DT880s even without an upgraded cable. If you have heard the DT880s and think they sound better, then by all means sell the 600s and get DT880s.

Cheers,
Geek

Apr 19, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 6
Your musical tastes make you a likely candidate for the DT880s, but as Geek said, you may still find the HD600 more to your liking. No one is really going to be able to make that decision for you.

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 6
I never heard the DT880, but from what I have gathered from previous review postings, I think choosing between the DT880 and the HD600 depends on one's preferences. They are probably both good headphones. Your best bet is to audition both headphones. I wouldn't view this as an upgrade but more of a trade based on listening preferences.

Maybe here are some questions you have to ask yourself: if you are thinking of ditching the HD600, why do you think the DT880 will be better? Do you find something in the HD600 that is inadequate? If so, do you think the DT880 will satisfy those inadequacies without compromising anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back