<$600 IEM
May 15, 2014 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DarthUnnamed

100+ Head-Fier
Been using my Heir Audio 3.ai for a year now and loving it, and i feel like it's time to upgrade. After getting speakers i haven't really been into the headphone game for awhile, so i need some recommendations for a >$300 pair of iems, with no fixed price but preferable lower than say....$600-700. I'm willing to go higher if it truly is amazing sound (though i understand the law of diminishing returns)

As for what i listen to, i listen to everything from bass heavier music like hip hop and electronic, to "lighter" genres such as folk. I need hard hitting but not overpowering, so neutral is fine as long as it can provide bass. Balanced is probably another option. Bright sound signatures are a no, however.

I require a decent bit of noise cancellation too, enough that i don't hear noises around me. I want microphonics to be at a minimum too, so probably an around-the-ear iem like the 3.ai i have now

Comfort is relatively important but not the priority compared to sound

A few that i've looked at:

UE900s (not a fan of the swivel from the original ue900)

Sennheiser IE800 (Loved it when i listened to it, price is a bit steep however)

HiFiMan RE-600 (don't know much about these)

Noble Audio (various models, specifically the switch models or the wizard/classic models such as the Noble 5)

Using a Galaxy S3 as source for now, will probably get a newer phone in the coming months

Users who are viewing this thread

Back