60 gig ipod for $366.12
Oct 27, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #16 of 34
started new account like last thursday....still no coupon
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #18 of 34
i am sure you will get them.. lol.. just have to wait. downing music onto new ipod right now.. only thing i can add it that I went all the way to ordering the ipod to see the price and backed out. but I don't think that made a difference.

this is the detail i got..

Save on your first Apple Store purchase.

Promotion Code: MGWSQDW4PW
Free shipping on orders over $50.

Macintosh Mac Accessories iPod iPod Accessories Gift Cards
*Offer applies only to purchases made online through the U.S. Apple Store or over the phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE. This coupon cannot be used to purchase iTunes Music Store Gift Certificates or any Bose® products. To redeem offer, enter your promotion code in the promotion code box at checkout. Click here for more information on how to redeem. Terms and conditions apply.

**Offer expires 14 days from the date this email was sent.

Copyright © 2005 Apple Computer, Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 303-3DM, Cupertino, CA 95014.
All Rights Reserved / Keep Informed / Privacy Policy / My Info

If you prefer not to receive commercial email from Apple, or if you've changed your email address, please click here.

Oct 27, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #20 of 34
I'm interested in this, and I would get the student discount...
but I don't understand about the coupon. I signed up on the apple.com site a while ago to post in the forums, would I get the coupon after buying something or should I sign up again and abandon my barely-used account?

Oct 27, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #21 of 34
Maybe i should just get the 30gb using student discount for $269 + taxes.
I don't want to order it in November cause I'll have a credit balance that might hinder me from splurging during Black Friday
icon10.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #22 of 34
I would goto Apple.com look like you are going to buy something, make a new account. Do the order until the last step and not buy the item. That is what I did and I got the coupon, must be new account and must be to buy something. Not sure if there are different account types. Then in a few days you will get the promotion email for opening a new account with apple. "Thank You for opening an account account.. Use this $30 off your first purchase..over $300" This is an account to purchase products from apple.com and get apple sales info. So you need to check the box to recieve apple info and sales junk.

Oct 27, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
I registered same day Chris posted this thread, just got my coupon in my email today.

what did you do? You just created a new account and signed up for there promo's emails. right?

If you order one, tell me the price, model, color, and when it ships.
cool.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
what did you do? You just created a new account and signed up for there promo's emails. right?

If you order one, tell me the price, model, color, and when it ships.
cool.gif

Signed up for the Apple one click account (just asked for name and email address).

I think I'll be ordering the 60 GB ipod in black. Going to look around a bit more to see if scratchs are real obvious on the black model, if they are going to get a white.

I'm going to have my sister buy it for me. So it should cost apple student discount minus $30 coupon, no tax since it's shipped to NH.

Oct 27, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
I would goto Apple.com look like you are going to buy something, make a new account. Do the order until the last step and not buy the item. That is what I did and I got the coupon, must be new account and must be to buy something. Not sure if there are different account types. Then in a few days you will get the promotion email for opening a new account with apple. "Thank You for opening an account account.. Use this $30 off your first purchase..over $300" This is an account to purchase products from apple.com and get apple sales info. So you need to check the box to recieve apple info and sales junk.

I signed up last week and never got one of their coupon probably because I did not check yes for promotional e-mails. Then I did what you suggested and added an ipod to my cart then I removed. The next thing you know, I get an e-mail with a promotional code.

There is no amount mentioned but I assume it's for $30 off and I get free shipping right?

cool.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #28 of 34
I signed up a week ago and never got a coupon. I guess it's because I said no to promotional emails. I'll try add ipod to cart and then remove and see if that works.

Oct 27, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #29 of 34
Thanks for the clarification
280smile.gif
I actually created a new account and unchecked the check mark about getting emails (what I normally do) but just went and rechecked it. Hopefully that will work, like it did with GSTom1.

Now to wait! =P

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #30 of 34
Just got my coupon in an email today...now do i really wanna pay $50-60 more for twice the storage.... HELP ME MAKE A DECISION GUYS!!!!

Option 1:

Using student discount: 30 GB ipod($269) + Something else = $300 - $30(coupon) + Tax = $300 (approximately) LOL

Option 2:
Using student discount: 60 GB ipod ($369) - $30 = $340 + tax = $370 (approximately with CA tax of 7.75%)

Does anyone actualy have 60 GB of music?? I only have around 12 GB on my computer, that's including all mp3s and a few cds in .wav format. But I could always buy cds and put it on a 60 GB...but it'll probably be in mp3 cause if I use wav, the ipod hard drive will be spinning after each song....and it'll kill the battery faster...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back