60+GB DAP's
Apr 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

btb103

100+ Head-Fier
Well I bought a modded 80GB Zune from a gentleman here on Head-Fi and while I am enjoying it, I find the interface a little bit too simple (and lacking some features I enjoy on my Zen Xtra) and the battery life too short for my how I generally use a DAP.

I really love my Zen Xtra 30GB and have been using it for many years - the thing is built like a tank and still has excellent battery life with the original battery. If it were 60GB or larger I would honestly just keep it. Video isn't that important (maybe if it didn't seriously drain battery life and the player supported multiple formats, but even then I don't see myself using it frequently).

My sister has a 30GB Zen V:M and I really like it. I am strongly considering the 60GB version but would like to know if there are any other good players out there. I plan to use the DAP with my CX300's or (when they get here) ATH-SJ5's and P2Av2 amp.

Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 8, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 7
There's always the iPod Video that has the 80GB hard drive. Although since you mention that you like the features on the Zen Xtra, then I think the iPod won't be adaquate for you, unless you plan on spending extra on external accessories or using Rockbox (which incidentally doesn't support the 80GB iPod). I'm not sure whether the iAudio X5 has 60GB or not.

Other than I'm not sure of any other DAPs that have 60GB or larger.

Apr 8, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 7
Apr 8, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 7
Forgot to mention I hate Ipods
tongue.gif

Thanks for the tip Disiskurt, I will look into that.

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #7 of 7
X5 looks pretty interesting. How exactly does it compare to the Zen V:M?

One thing that I really like about my Zen Xtra is the "Selected Music" playlist feature - allowing you to "Add to list" any artist, album or song, then adjust it within the "Selected music" screen. On the Zune there is a "Quick-list" but the player doesn't remember where you left off when you turn the unit off and the list includes only the song titles and does not have separators between albums.

According to my reading, the X5 has a "Dynamic Playlist" but one is unable to re-order tracks/albums within it after adding them. How does the Zen V:M work in this regard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back