6 years down the drain....now what?
May 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #16 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did go out last night, but I REFRAINED from easily getting some play last night from these girls at the bar, because well, I'm a fairly moral guy when it comes to things like that (and I think she is too), but if I woulda known I was going to get this text message, I would have went crazy last night.

To me, you don't seem very serious about your relationship with your girlfriend, if you would have jumped on another girl right away because of this message.

Sending a message like that by sms is immature, yes, but IMO you should try to think of why she wrote the message in the first place. Maybe you argued about your trip to Vegas. You left anyway, and now she's pissed?
In my experience, sometimes women behaves very irrational. Must be the estrogen.

May 31, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #17 of 135
Well, I woulda went crazy last night because seriously, who the hell breaks off a 6 years relationship by TEXT MESSAGE. Smart ass or stupid actions get you smart ass or stupid responses/reactions.

A phone call, it would be different, but a TEXT MESSAGE? that's an insult with a relationship of that length, especially if a kid is involved.

Again, I'm trying to stay as level headed and keeping my pride out of it all, but seriously, a text message????

May 31, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #18 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, you don't seem very serious about your relationship with your girlfriend, if you would have jumped on another girl right away because of this message.

Totally agree. I don't know the situation so I can't be certain, but I mean come on - if I was in your shoes I wouldn't even be thinking about that until the relationship was officially over (and probably some time had passed to clear my head).

May 31, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #19 of 135
"I REFRAINED from easily getting some play last night from these girls at the bar, because well, I'm a fairly moral guy when it comes to things like that "

?? Commited eh?

Mitch

May 31, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 135
Quote:

I did go out last night, but I REFRAINED from easily getting some play last night from these girls at the bar...

lol somebody thinks he's hot stuff

May 31, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #22 of 135
Well guys we can't really burn him for saying that, I for one know that when I go away from a relationship I automatically think.

"If I wasn't with her, I could have had, her, her, her, her, and omg her too, and there's her etc."

I think tis' a natural defense to try and play it off as the gf was a burden so you feel the pain a little less. You know? I mean 6 years, you can tell that guy loves her, have you read his posts on how proud he is of his kid, and how much he loves it that his gf is so cool and is willing to take care of the kid? He's just trying to get by, no faults in that.

6 YEARS MAN! He's due some emotional backlash or at least a way to vent and steam, the fact that he even comes to these forums for this problem/situation shows how much faith he has in these forums, and for that I am truly grateful for you sharing your personnel experiences here.

Best of luck to you man, remember, don't treat the mom poorly, she'll use the kid against you. It's sad to say, but I've seen it happen to a lot of my friends. Try to see if you can patch it up 6 years is a hard thing to let go automatically, if anything finish up your job at Las Vegas, and get that application stamp. Make sure that if things go down the drain, you'll be there for your kid, to provide a life that you see fit.

May 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #24 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol somebody thinks he's hot stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I REFRAINED from easily getting some play last night from these girls at the bar, because well, I'm a fairly moral guy when it comes to things like that "

?? Commited eh?

Mitch

I met them at a Big6 game. One of the girls (the one my buddy was talking to), it was her 30th B-Day, and the girl I was tlaking to, was there as her best friend. They're both EMTs in St. Louis, and we had some pretty good conversation going into the wee hours of the night...stories, what eachother like, yada yada. She had her own little water bottle full of Captain and the other girl had Jack in their purses. We went up to the top Lounge on top of the Rio:

RIO VEGAS NIGHTS

We took some pics, had pics taken of us from the photographers at the club/bar (I guess we made the pretty people list, lol). Had a couple drinks...typical good night out. Had the chance to go to their hotel at the Golden Nugget (about 3 miles away) as they were asking how public transportation is here in Vegas, etc...I decided to take the moral high ground and not cheat on the lady I have back at home. The girl my buddy was talking to exchanged numbers, and we exchanged room numbers. I didn't even bother trying to get a phone number or anything else...but they said they were gonna come back to the Rio again after they went "pool slutting" during the day (like barhopping, but swimming pools at the different resorts)...so they'll call us later tonight, and depending if my GF answers her phone calls, voicemails, and texts (obviously left from my roomys phone), we'll see what happens tonight as they leave Sunday morning back to St. Louis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funniecow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well guys we can't really burn him for saying that, I for one know that when I go away from a relationship I automatically think.

"If I wasn't with her, I could have had, her, her, her, her, and omg her too, and there's her etc."

I think tis' a natural defense to try and play it off as the gf was a burden so you feel the pain a little less. You know? I mean 6 years, you can tell that guy loves her, have you read his posts on how proud he is of his kid, and how much he loves it that his gf is so cool and is willing to take care of the kid? He's just trying to get by, no faults in that.

6 YEARS MAN! He's due some emotional backlash or at least a way to vent and steam, the fact that he even comes to these forums for this problem/situation shows how much faith he has in these forums, and for that I am truly grateful for you sharing your personnel experiences here.

Best of luck to you man, remember, don't treat the mom poorly, she'll use the kid against you. It's sad to say, but I've seen it happen to a lot of my friends. Try to see if you can patch it up 6 years is a hard thing to let go automatically, if anything finish up your job at Las Vegas, and get that application stamp. Make sure that if things go down the drain, you'll be there for your kid, to provide a life that you see fit.

Thanks man...sentiments appreciated!!!!

I think some serious **** is about to go down at home, and it's something I need to be home for. Problem is, she has my money I sent home, and she KNOWS how much being here means to me, so I don't think she expects me to come home for this...I really think I should go home....work tonight, and buy the first plane ticket home.

Yeah, it's been a goal/dream of mine to deal here, but I think my son is a little more important. Yeah, success and spite is a great motivator, but I think I have to think about the little guy before this....there's always next year. And I have a gut feeling this might get ugly since I'm not there to defend myself...

May 31, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #25 of 135
Naw man think of it this way, if you get the stamp on your application, you might be able to get more money at better times. Which can go towards your son, yeah sure, things might get ugly, but guess what in a court of law, you're providing the best you can. She can't take him away from you if she tried. It's a tough world out there and the best way to be there for your son is to just try to fund him in his endeavors both financially and physically, be there for him.

Just make sure when you come back, show you sincere you are, don't buy a gift she'll think that you're calling her materialistic or something. Just try to be there for her, show her how good of a father you are.

You're if anything don't drop the Vegas job because you know you'll only hate yourself for doing so. And you never want to burn your candles at both ends if you know what I mean. Think this out cooly and calmly, try to see if a friend might be able to drop by to reassure her that you're trying your best and everything. I can see why she's stressed at the moment, but hey, life's a stress. ASK A RELIABLE or a NON-PENIS wielding firend.

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #28 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still don't see how you guys think its a break up text. =/

"I think we should take a break from eachother...I need to do some thinking..."

She's not necessarily breaking up, but it seems to be a highly probable scenario in the near future.

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #29 of 135
Because "breaks" usually never work out....

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #30 of 135
Quote:

Because "breaks" usually never work out....

Maybe not, but you don't fully know her side of the story yet. You need to talk to her before assuming things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back